Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to output alternative machine angles

Hi everyone,

I have head - head machine with A (-120+120) and C (0-360) rotary axes. It's possible to get the same tool position with two ways for such kinematics. For example A-90 C0 position can be  achieved as A+90 C180. At the momemt my postprocessor outputs second variant (A-90 C180). Please advise how to minimize rotary movements and have A-90 C0? 

Don't know much about 5 axis posts but I have done a lot of  multiaxis on 4 axis machines. Look in the top of the post in the :

Common User-defined Variable Initializations (not switches!)

section and you may well find options for rotations. One option in 4 axis posts capable of multi axis is "shortest distance"......

Don't forget to reload your post if you make a change....

On 10/17/2017 at 10:37 AM, Alex Nitti said:

Hi everyone,

I have head - head machine with A (-120+120) and C (0-360) rotary axes. It's possible to get the same tool position with two ways for such kinematics. For example A-90 C0 position can be  achieved as A+90 C180. At the momemt my postprocessor outputs second variant (A-90 C180). Please advise how to minimize rotary movements and have A-90 C0? 

I change my limits on the A axis to force it where I want. So If you tell MC that the -A- negative limit is -80 it will have to position to the positive. 

In my post it's this section. 

#Rotary axis travel limits, always in terms of normal angle output
#Set the absolute angles for axis travel on primary
pri_limlo$   : -9999
pri_limhi$   : 9999
#Set intermediate angle, in limits, for post to reposition machine
pri_intlo$   : -9999
pri_inthi$   : 9999

#Set the absolute angles for axis travel on secondary
sec_limlo$   : -120
sec_limhi$   : 30           #was 30
#Set intermediate angle, in limits, for post to reposition machine