Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Creat lathe custom tool

Zephyr Ibsen

Hello, everyone.

In these days, I am learning how to creat a lathe custom tool. But when I get into the Geometry tab, I am confused about geometric tool orientation and tool orientation in turret. I want to know how I can select these two configurations. From the tuorial, these two configuratons are set in same position. I do not know whether I can always do that.

With lathe I would tend to try to start with a tool that is already setup and close to the geometry you require.  Then all you should have to do is maybe select a different insert shape and define a few things.  Creating lathe tools completely from scratch in Mastercam currently isn't the most intuitive process.   

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Chris Lang In-House Solutions said:

With lathe I would tend to try to start with a tool that is already setup and close to the geometry you require.  Then all you should have to do is maybe select a different insert shape and define a few things.  Creating lathe tools completely from scratch in Mastercam currently isn't the most intuitive process.   

Agreed.