Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2018 Backplot times issue

buckrich81

Has anyone else noticed that the estimated backplot times in 2018 are haywire?  I know that the backplot times have never been "accurate" at all in any previous version, but at my shop we use the backplot time with a certain formula dependent on which cell system the part will run on to determine a preliminary "estimated" run time.  This has been fairly accurate for me in past versions.  In 2018 however the math on the info tab while running backplot is WAY off.  

Anyone else dealing with this bug?  Looking for suggestions as to why or any other insight.

backplot times.JPG

11 minutes ago, gcode said:

have you tried running it through Verify?

It also reports cycle times.. though I don't know if they are more or less accurate than

Backplot cycle times

I must have did something wrong during my install.  I have not used verify since Machine Simulator came out, I believe it was X7, and just now when I attempted set it up Mastercam crashed.  I tried it 3 times and it crashed all three.  Thank you for the suggestion.  I am now on a mission to find out why verify is not working for me, and then I will attempt to compare cycle times between backplot and verify.   

About erratic backplot times, it looks like Mastercam adds tool change time, using what is set in MD's tool changer component. In a certain way at least... if you put in 0 second in that field, total time should be OK (sum of feeds+rapids). Still inaccurate though as Mastercam isn't kinematic aware.

On 10/22/2017 at 1:47 AM, David Colin said:

About erratic backplot times, it looks like Mastercam adds tool change time, using what is set in MD's tool changer component. In a certain way at least... if you put in 0 second in that field, total time should be OK (sum of feeds+rapids). Still inaccurate though as Mastercam isn't kinematic aware.

Thank you David.  I really appreciate the response with a direct answer to my question.  I have made the change and the numbers are back where they should be.