Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Probably something simple? Port expert question

Mcconathy

So I am trying to figure out why the program is not posting to the correct starting A axis point (or atleast in reason)! I am using mastercam x6/7 and digitized an intake manifold with 8 runners. Once the program is posted from the top view it is great but to get to the bottom half of the runner it should be starting at -245 and its starting at like 94. I played around with some parameter numbers but it wouldn't work so just took it out of the machine, flipped it over, and started digitizing again....what am I missing? On cylinder heads I am able to work this way without any issue but this manifold is being a pain- however I must figure out the solution for next time or it will drive me crazy.......thank you in advance!

I am working in a centroid cnc A532 5 axis machine if that matters.

So you are digitizing on the 532? and you can not get it to retract the tool and roll over to the bottom of the port? You might have to share your file so I can take a look for you. But Port expert especially in its earliest releases isnt always the best option, I still really like 5axis flowline for more control. But its probably something in your parameters is off if not maybe a problem with the post processor. Also creating a manual spline does give you more control over the entry angles of the port.  Post some screen shots of some of your settings and remember for the 532 you are rotating around the x axis! I know its the A and B but the software considers it from the spindles view, and thats the X

• Like 1