Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

multiaxis parallel on the subspindle

suspicious_kompot

I'm trying to do a parallel multiaxis toolpath with the part in the sub-spindle on an Integrex i100.  The problem I'm having is I need to lock the 5th axis at about an 8 degree away from the chuck.  No matter what angle I enter, it tilts towards the chuck.  Toolpath works fine on the main spindle.  Is there a workaround for this?  I'm just getting back into Mastercam, I've been on NX for a few years now.  Alot has changed apparently, anybody know of a good resource to brush up on mill-turn?

Though I might stand corrected....he's showing a dialog from the Rotary path which is only a 4 axis path

So I don't believe you're going to get a B tilt as that is a 5th axis...you'll need a different toolpath

The Rotary path will Process XYZC.....

Edited by Guest
16 minutes ago, suspicious_kompot said:

I'm guessing because I'm using mill-turn I don't have that option.  I did figure out that the Integrex doesn't allow milling on the sub spindle (at least not the way ours is set up)  So the workaround is to sync the spindles and drive with C.  Thus Mastercam doesn't give the option to change the tool vector.

parallel.PNG

Yes you will need to use the create plane option and drive it like you said using the Main as the Master and the Sub as the slave.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, suspicious_kompot said:

I'm guessing because I'm using mill-turn I don't have that option.  I did figure out that the Integrex doesn't allow milling on the sub spindle (at least not the way ours is set up)  So the workaround is to sync the spindles and drive with C.  Thus Mastercam doesn't give the option to change the tool vector.

parallel.PNG

This is not a Multiaxis Parallel path. It is a Multiaxis - Rotary path.

The entire "type" of the path has been set as the wrong one. You won't be able to change the path type, after you generate it the first time. So you will likely have to start a whole new path type.

There is also a big difference between "Triangle Mesh - Parallel Cut Type", and "Multiaxis - Parallel Cuts".

It is going to be very hard to help you by just "explanation" alone. We'd really need to see a copy of your file to be able to offer any guidance.

There are about 10,000 different parameters now, for the Multi-Axis paths. This is because you've got the "classic" or "legacy" Multi-Axis path types, and a whole bunch of new stuff from ModuleWorks, that has been integrated into Mastercam.

One thing that has really helped me is to get a copy of the Moduleworks Help File. It does such a great job explaining what each option does, and how to use it to control the tool path. I actually created an Advanced 5 Axis Class, based solely around teaching these new MW path options.

24 minutes ago, suspicious_kompot said:

Sorry, that was the wrong toolpath I screenshotted.  Been a long night.  Here's a z2g of my current file.  I abandoned the parallel toolpath for a rotary, but I'd still really like to use the parallel if I can.

PARALLEL QUESTION.ZIP

Looks like it would be packed with useful info, but all I can see is the contents.  Everything is blank.  

1 minute ago, suspicious_kompot said:

Looks like it would be packed with useful info, but all I can see is the contents.  Everything is blank.  

The help file?

Right Click on it, Properties and Unblock it