Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Okuma Probing

PKMills

I think you could probably do it using Okumas macro language. However usually when you see people talking about macros it is for Macro B, which is Fanuc based. Okumas use a proprietary language. There are several Macro B books don't know about Okuma. I can't believe there isn't something in the machine manuals, Okuma are usually pretty thorough about such things.

I know there have been several threads on Macro B probing cycles here, have you tried a search? Maybe try an Okuma search too, I know I have seen some Okuma macros by Yo Doug......

Use Mastercam to figure out probe vectors for the three points on the radius. Make single point probe hits and record the three XY points to variables. Then the following code will find the center of a circle in Y and Z from three known points. Modify for X Y as needed.

OCIRC(CIRCLE THROUGH 3 POINTS MACRO)

YP1=VC31 (1ST Y)
ZP1=VC32 (1ST Z)
YP2=VC33 (2ND Y)
ZP2=VC34 (2ND Z)
YP3=VC35 (3RD Y)
ZP3=VC36 (3RD Z)

(GET PERPENDICULAR BISECTOR OF YP1, ZP1 and YP2, ZP2)
PRP1 = [YP2 + YP1] / 2
PRP2 = [ZP2 + ZP1] / 2
PRP3 = YP2 - YP1
PRP4 = -[ZP2 - ZP1]

(GET PERPENDICULAR BISECTOR OF YP2, ZP2 and YP3, ZP3)
PRP5 = [YP3 + YP2] / 2
PRP6 = [ZP3 + ZP2]/ 2
PRP7 = YP3 - YP2
PRP8 = -[ZP3 - ZP2]

(SEE WHERE THE LINE INTERSECT)
(Y-CENTRE)
YCEN = [PRP2 * PRP4 * PRP8 + PRP5 * PRP4 * PRP7 - PRP1 * PRP3 * PRP8 - PRP6 * PRP4 * PRP8] / [PRP4 * PRP7 - PRP3 * PRP8]

(Z-CENTRE)
ZCEN = [YCEN - PRP1] * PRP3 / PRP4 + PRP2

M02

After you know the center you can use Pythagorean theorem to find the radius from the delta between center and one of the original points. 

Or you could do it the easy way and use Renishaw inspection plus O9823 cycle.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the info YoDoug! I may give that a try if I can't find a more simple solution since I'm somewhat of a newbe when it comes to Okumas and part probing in the machine. I wanted to use Okuma language if possible. I know there is a 3 point bore gauging function but I can't find the PMOD and related variables in the manual I have.

21 minutes ago, david said:

(Tool 60 is my Probe
IF [VTLCN EQ 60] NSKIP
T60 M6
NSKIP
CALL OO18
G15 H1
G0 X0 Y0
G56 H60 Z-.3
(PMOD=6 OUTSIDE)
(PMOD=7 INSIDE)
CALL OO10 PMOD=7 PDI=.5
Z2
CALL OO19
M02

Thanks David, but to be more clear, I'm trying to measure radii and not a complete bore. PMOD7 will attempt to probe 4 points of a bore.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:10 AM, PKMills said:

Thanks for the info YoDoug! I may give that a try if I can't find a more simple solution since I'm somewhat of a newbe when it comes to Okumas and part probing in the machine. I wanted to use Okuma language if possible. I know there is a 3 point bore gauging function but I can't find the PMOD and related variables in the manual I have.

The issue you are going to have with the standard Okuma measure cycles is that they only work in a single axis move. You will need to do your own G31 skip move and record the location of hit. You can do what you are looking for but it will take a bit of macro writing to get there. Your best bet is to use The Renishaw O9823, three point cycle to get the measurement you are looking for. If you don't have the Renishaw inspection plus macros I would recommend buying them. You will spend more time and cost trying to write your own macros than you can buy the Renishaw macros for. 

• Like 3
  • Huh? 1