Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Filleting two surfaces

S/X

Hello

Just wanting to know if anyone can assist with this problem. The part was originaly surfaced in Cadkey and was made 1full surface. I modified the surfaces into multiple sections to help me out.

Anyways's I put it on the FTP site as "notch end." I'm looking for an outside rad, so I've already turned the normals to the proper side (I'm pretty sure). It keeps giving me a distorted fillet and I can't seem to see where I'm going wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. confused.gif

coxy,

Could you just ask for the Cadkey (CADL) file? That would probably make life easier for you. How was this file converted in Mcam? Was it an IGES file? I don't see an easy way of applying a surface fillet but if you had a solid model of this part, it may be much easier. HTH biggrin.gif

coxy,

Almost anything is better than IGES format. If you have the opportunity, ask the designer for the CADL file or an SAT file of the same part. CADKey may also be able to export a Parasolid file (.X_T). Any of these formats would be better than IGES. Even if you don't have the solids module in Mcam, you will still get a better result from using one of these other converters in Mcam. HTH cheers.gif

I have downloaded the file. I would try making separate surfaces of the profile. Kinda have the form or profile driven along the length. But don't have it like a swept with the whole cross section, have the cross section broken down into arc,line,arc,spline etc. Try to use ruled surfaces. I don't have time right at the moment but I'll try to put something on the ftp before I take off today. The problem that we will encounter is going to be on transition from the sidewall surface to the fillet surface. Hope I've been helpful.