Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

PRICE FOR MASTERCAM

mirek1017

Hello all mastercam  users and masters !!!Two years ago pass away our (**old school engineer 2d print only***).Now owner hired new persons .They are very smart guys  ,all sample part what I have too machining I got with step format ,which is lees  work for me .Lest month day purchase new Inventor Professional HSE. The guy show me what hi can do on this software ,modeling ,stres material analysis ,forming ,modelin3d  2d  drawing ...........and ..........CAM SYSTEM .First thing I thought  the will be only simple 2d contour option.But when I start play  more I open postprocesing and machining page and ......I was shock!!!  6 type of Haas machines  from 3 axis to 5 axis !!!!! the was probably  over 40 type of machines .I as him haw much they spend for this  software .My office pay xxxxx$ for one seat.Now I waiting when my Boss ask mi WHY WE PAY xxxxx$ FOR ONLY LEVEL 3 mastercam  ,when we CAN  get everything  3-5 axis for xxxxxx$.

My question is where is the trick ?????The mastercam is so expensive or other one so cheap??????

thanks 

Edited by JParis
Pricing discussion not allowed

As pointed out, correctly I might add....

If your Maintenance expires with Mastercam, you can still run all products up to your expiration date..

With Autodesk, don't pay, you can't access your files.

They are not even the same thing or allow the programmer to do the same work. They offer other AutoCad products to real 5 Axis programming. It is just a sales tactic to bait the hook. Fusion is real neat stuff, but for CAD for machining you only got simple easy stuff good to go just because they have a post doesn't mean it makes good toolpaths. 

Inventor HSM is a good program and so is Mastercam.

Price is just one part of evaluating a software. How easy is it to get help? How easy is it to get a custom post processor? 

AutoDesk did themselves a huge favour by giving free software to all schools and students. Every student that graduates will have some AutoDesk experience. They also purchased some great software companies as well such as PowerMill.

I think everyone should evaluate their software periodically to see if it still fits their needs.

• Like 2

Just heard another interesting tidbit. If you work in aerospace, and I would assume other defense related industries, programming systems which share information with the host can cause problems with your ITAR clearance, Boeing can pull your clearance if they find you using such software.

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 2:28 PM, #Rekd™ said:

AutoDesk did themselves a huge favour by giving free software to all schools and students.

Our local Mastercam reseller did this also in our area years ago. All the colleges in the Seattle area now teach MC as part of their machining courses, and agreed very shrewd move.......

I won't get into actual dollar amounts, but if you do the math, Autodesk's leasing scheme is far more expensive than

Mastercam's purchase /annual maintenance strategy

Another difference is, with Mastercam, if you quit paying maintenance you still have a CAM system, frozen at the current release.

With the Autodesk model, if you quit paying the lease, your CAM system dies and you have nothing.

• Like 3