Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How do I resolve trhe overlapping chains and overlapping avoidance error in x8 for solidworks

headace

Here's what I often do:

• Select an unused level and name it Drive Chain, or something similar, and make it the active level.
  • Use Create > Curve > One Edge
  • On the Solid Selection Tool, click on 'Select Edge'
  • Now click on the edge curves you want for your drive chain, green check when finished.
  • Turn off all levels except the current one, which should only leave the new drive chain geometry visible.
  • Use the 'Analyze Chain' function to find gaps or overlaps, and repair them as needed.
  • Select the 'repaired' chain as your drive chain and you should be good to go! 

I have used this method many times.

It takes a little extra time, but when you can isolate the chain you are working with on a separate level it is much easier.

Good Luck!  :cheers:

• Thanks 1