Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Merging many mxc-9 files

I have 91 STEP files in a folder and I would like to batch import them into Mastercam X9. I have no experience with VBScript, but I modified the Batch Import DXF Files script that comes with Mastercam to work with STEP files, expecting it to merge the files together. Instead, it gave me 91 Mastercam files.

My question is: Is there a different way to import the STEP files into a single Mastercam file? or is there a quick way to now merge the 91 mcx-9 files together?

Any help is appreciated, but if you can keep it simple, that's great -- I have lots of Mastercam experience and no Visual Basic experience. I have attached the script I used.

Thanks!

Batch Import STEP Files.vbs

Attached is a VB.NET NET-Hook that will merge multiple *.step files into a single Mastercam MCX-9 file and save it to a user specified folder. The initial testing I have done appears to work as expected but if you see any odd behavior let me know or you can have a stab at doing it as I have attached the VB.NET source code to this message. If you are not familiar with writing NET-Hooks we have an introduction document on our website under the 3rd Party Developer menu to get you started.

To install:

Save the attachments to a temp folder away from your program files folder to avoid file blocking.

Extract the Merge.zip and then copy the DLL and FT file to your Mastercam X9 chooks folder as shown in the image below. You can add a button for the NET-Hook to an existing or new toolbar to access it.

Click the button to display a dialog, select where the step files are (it is recursive) and an output folder for the merged mastercam file and click Process. If all goes well you will get a message of how many files were merged and the file will be saved to your output folder.

If you find this helpful please take 2 minutes to fill in the survey linked in my signature, thanks.

button.png

dialog.png

folder.png

main_method.png

toolbarButton.png

Merge.zip

MultiMergeSource.zip

• Thanks 1