Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2018 HLE not working

by0ung247

On 1/15/2018 at 8:00 AM, DanielGingras said:

Hi CMeck,

Can you send me the specs for your computer? It looks like the M6700 had a lot of options available so I'm not sure which ones you went with.

Hi, I'm having similar problem with my mastercam 2018, and tried doing the solution you gave the other person up there. Mastercam 2018 open just fine after that, but when backplot for my  program, the backplot was acting up all weird...how did you fix yours? I have a dell laptop, dell precision 7720, intel core i7, radeon pro WX 7100 w/8gb gddr5, 32 gig of ram

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 3:43 PM, DanielGingras said:

Well, your system specs definitely meet the minimum! Just to eliminate a faulty graphics driver, press the windows key/start button and scroll through your applications list until you find the Mastercam 2018 Demo folder. Click on "Advanced Configuration" and choose "Graphics support." Whatever the Hardware acceleration option currently is, switch to the opposite (i.e., disable it if it's enabled and disable if it's currently enabled). Then try to run Mastercam again and see if it still hangs on the startup tasks portion.

I am not using HLE, but this did work for Mastercam 2017.  Will disabling these settings have any negative affects elsewhere in Mastercam?  For reference here are the specs on my laptop:

Windows 10 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650u CPU @ 2.11 GHz

Memory (RAM): 24.0 GB

Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

57 minutes ago, ModelMaker83 said:

I am not using HLE, but this did work for Mastercam 2017.  Will disabling these settings have any negative affects elsewhere in Mastercam?  For reference here are the specs on my laptop:

Windows 10 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650u CPU @ 2.11 GHz

Memory (RAM): 24.0 GB

Graphics: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Disabling hardware acceleration will lower performance when working with more complex parts. Simple training parts shouldn't see any significant problems but most parts used in industrial settings will see a performance hit. Of course, integrated graphics cards aren't recommended for Mastercam. If you're using this computer for work it'd be best if you acquired a decent graphics card.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DanielGingras said:

Disabling hardware acceleration will lower performance when working with more complex parts. Simple training parts shouldn't see any significant problems but most parts used in industrial settings will see a performance hit. Of course, integrated graphics cards aren't recommended for Mastercam. If you're using this computer for work it'd be best if you acquired a decent graphics card.

I've been trying to convince the boss of that very thing.  I saw that this setup didn't meet the min requirements listed on Mastercam's website for the video card or processor.  I was told to try it anyway.

10 minutes ago, ModelMaker83 said:

I've been trying to convince the boss of that very thing.  I saw that this setup didn't meet the min requirements listed on Mastercam's website for the video card or processor.  I was told to try it anyway.

Depending on the complexity of your parts it may be fine. If all you're doing is simple 2D work then it might not be a problem but if you're doing anything more complicated the money saved by using integrated graphics and a cheap processor will be lost very quickly in terms of time waiting for the computer to work through things. Hopefully you can convince them to spend a bit of money now to make a bunch more with improved efficiency down the line.

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2017 at 3:43 PM, DanielGingras said:

Well, your system specs definitely meet the minimum! Just to eliminate a faulty graphics driver, press the windows key/start button and scroll through your applications list until you find the Mastercam 2018 Demo folder. Click on "Advanced Configuration" and choose "Graphics support." Whatever the Hardware acceleration option currently is, switch to the opposite (i.e., disable it if it's enabled and disable if it's currently enabled). Then try to run Mastercam again and see if it still hangs on the startup tasks portion.

December 2018 now, and I still have problems with this in Mastercam 2018 and 2019.

Update to this thread. Click Start Button, click on Mastercam (18 or 19), click on  Advanced Configuration, when it opens click on Graphics Support. Change Hardware Acceleration here by left clicking on enable\disable to change.

I hope this helps. 12/18/18

• 1 year later...