Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2018 HLE not working

by0ung247

Is anyone else having issues with Mastercam HLE versions not booting up? I had 2017 HLE, opened it once and it worked fine. The next time I went to run it a month or so later, it will not boot all the way up but does not give any errors. The little window opens to show the software running command line commands, etc. but gets stuck on "beginning startup tasks" and never fully opens the Mastercam window. 2017 HLE and 2018 HLE both do this. My guess is a bad windows update, but my scouring the internet shows I am the only one having this problem. Picture below and this is where it is at after an hour of trying to open. Running Windows 10 Pro.

IMG_4479.thumb.jpg.f380cc57eadc34b651bea4d502fe681e.jpg

Well, your system specs definitely meet the minimum! Just to eliminate a faulty graphics driver, press the windows key/start button and scroll through your applications list until you find the Mastercam 2018 Demo folder. Click on "Advanced Configuration" and choose "Graphics support." Whatever the Hardware acceleration option currently is, switch to the opposite (i.e., disable it if it's enabled and disable if it's currently enabled). Then try to run Mastercam again and see if it still hangs on the startup tasks portion.

• Thanks 6
  • Like 2
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My original issue was very similar. After investigating it more, it was a setting in my video card. I had to go into the video card settings and switch it over to performance for Mastercam. For some reason it does not auto switch or default that way like other cam systems do. To help you with the issue we will need to know your computer specs so we can walk you through the settings to try. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
On 12/12/2017 at 9:43 PM, DanielGingras said:

Well, your system specs definitely meet the minimum! Just to eliminate a faulty graphics driver, press the windows key/start button and scroll through your applications list until you find the Mastercam 2018 Demo folder. Click on "Advanced Configuration" and choose "Graphics support." Whatever the Hardware acceleration option currently is, switch to the opposite (i.e., disable it if it's enabled and disable if it's currently enabled). Then try to run Mastercam again and see if it still hangs on the startup tasks portion.

thnks friend it works with me also

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, carlos suarez said:

1751742020_Sinttulo.png.08f61e81b85fcfb2593ca65ecc8dde61.png

I just started getting the same thing, but not on the HLE. It was working great up until yesterday. My MasterCAM rep just told me to update the graphics driver and that was it, guess he had to go home for the weekend. I've done the above, updated the drivers, tried to repair the install, uninstalled and reinstalled and still nothing! 

hola buen dia...

problema solucionado..

un gran amigo me recomendó hacer esto y la verdad funciono..

Resulta que han visto que ese problema ha empezado a aparecer en el curso de la semana pasada y todavía están buscando la causa de este error, han notado que esto ha estado ocurriendo en sistemas con impresoras HP. 

Tiene usted algún driver de impresoras HP instalado en su equipo?

El arreglo a esto es ir al Panel de Control y donde dice Dispositivos e Impresoras, colocar la impresora por defecto que sea Microsoft XPS Document Viewer.

por favor me comentan si se soluciono.......

gracias

• Like 1

3 hours ago, carlos suarez said:

hola buen dia...

problema solucionado..

un gran amigo me recomendó hacer esto y la verdad funciono..

Resulta que han visto que ese problema ha empezado a aparecer en el curso de la semana pasada y todavía están buscando la causa de este error, han notado que esto ha estado ocurriendo en sistemas con impresoras HP. 

Tiene usted algún driver de impresoras HP instalado en su equipo?

El arreglo a esto es ir al Panel de Control y donde dice Dispositivos e Impresoras, colocar la impresora por defecto que sea Microsoft XPS Document Viewer.

por favor me comentan si se soluciono.......

gracias

Gracias, Carlos.

Acabo de comprar esta computadora y es solo para la cámara maestra, así que no tengo nada ni nada conectado excepto Mastercam.

Hice exactamente lo que dijiste y cambié la impresora predeterminada y funcionó.

Gracias de nuevo.

For the English-speaking members of the forums, carlos suarez stated that the issue appears to be caused by printer drivers (HP printers specifically). The solution he suggests is to go to Windows control panel and change your default printer to Microsoft XPS Document Viewer. The user Ants331 stated they didn't have a printer but changing the default printer fixed the issue for them.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/6/2018 at 11:16 AM, by0ung247 said:

My original issue was very similar. After investigating it more, it was a setting in my video card. I had to go into the video card settings and switch it over to performance for Mastercam. For some reason it does not auto switch or default that way like other cam systems do. To help you with the issue we will need to know your computer specs so we can walk you through the settings to try. 

Hi, I'm having similar problem with my mastercam 2018, and tried doing the solution Daniel gave you. Mastercam 2018 open just fine after that, but when backplot for my  program, the backplot was acting up all weird...how did you fix yours? I have a dell laptop, dell precision 7720, intel core i7, radeon pro WX 7100 w/8gb gddr5, 32 gig of ram