Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Posting Setup Sheet Variables

I hope I get this all right, this is my first post here.

I would like to incorporate some of the Setup Sheet information into my part programs (project #, part #, rev., etc.).

Is it possible to extract this info via variables in the post?

I know I can prompt for inputs during the posting process (and have done this), but this has to be repeated each time I post the job.

Any help is appreciated.

I find the easiest way to accomplish this is to use a Manual Entry "Toolpath" as the "First Operation" in the Ops Manager in Mastercam. This way you can type in the "comments" inside the Manual Entry path, and then make an easy Post Mod (saving the "1008" Operation Comment" during "Pheader" processing, and outputting the Saved Op Comment inside "psof$"), so you can have your Setup Info (from Manual Entry), then your Tool List, and finally your Start of File codes, with Operation Comment.

If you are looking to "Capture the data from the Active Reports data entry fields, then I'm not sure you can do that inside the PST File...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

I find the easiest way to accomplish this is to use a Manual Entry "Toolpath" as the "First Operation" in the Ops Manager in Mastercam. This way you can type in the "comments" inside the Manual Entry path, and then make an easy Post Mod (saving the "1008" Operation Comment" during "Pheader" processing, and outputting the Saved Op Comment inside "psof$"), so you can have your Setup Info (from Manual Entry), then your Tool List, and finally your Start of File codes, with Operation Comment.

If you are looking to "Capture the data from the Active Reports data entry fields, then I'm not sure you can do that inside the PST File...

Hi,  I'm new to post editing. Could you show an example of how it should look in the post please?

On 6/30/2018 at 8:35 AM, vlklng34 said:

Hi,  I'm new to post editing. Could you show an example of how it should look in the post please?

I've shown this probably half a dozen times over the years. Do a search in the Post Development forum. Try the following:

sopcomm

sop_comm

Operation Comment

if gcode$ = 1008

One of those search terms should yield some results.

• 3 weeks later...