frankr54

Posting Setup Sheet Variables

Recommended Posts

I hope I get this all right, this is my first post here.

I would like to incorporate some of the Setup Sheet information into my part programs (project #, part #, rev., etc.).

Is it possible to extract this info via variables in the post?

I know I can prompt for inputs during the posting process (and have done this), but this has to be repeated each time I post the job.

Any help is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find the easiest way to accomplish this is to use a Manual Entry "Toolpath" as the "First Operation" in the Ops Manager in Mastercam. This way you can type in the "comments" inside the Manual Entry path, and then make an easy Post Mod (saving the "1008" Operation Comment" during "Pheader" processing, and outputting the Saved Op Comment inside "psof$"), so you can have your Setup Info (from Manual Entry), then your Tool List, and finally your Start of File codes, with Operation Comment.

If you are looking to "Capture the data from the Active Reports data entry fields, then I'm not sure you can do that inside the PST File...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you can put question in your post procesor,

so before that the g code is generated the machine can question you like PROGRAM NUMBER,PART NUMBER so once that you put hte information the g code is generated with your ifnormation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017. 12. 13. at 5:12 PM, frankr54 said:

I would like to incorporate some of the Setup Sheet information into my part programs (project #, part #, rev., etc.).

Is it possible to extract this info via variables in the post?

This: Note2Post?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Peter, it appears as though your CHook needs post mods.  You might consider making the null values not output with a simple comparison.  Just a thought but it does look like it would benefit many people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:15 PM, Colin Gilchrist said:

I find the easiest way to accomplish this is to use a Manual Entry "Toolpath" as the "First Operation" in the Ops Manager in Mastercam. This way you can type in the "comments" inside the Manual Entry path, and then make an easy Post Mod (saving the "1008" Operation Comment" during "Pheader" processing, and outputting the Saved Op Comment inside "psof$"), so you can have your Setup Info (from Manual Entry), then your Tool List, and finally your Start of File codes, with Operation Comment.

If you are looking to "Capture the data from the Active Reports data entry fields, then I'm not sure you can do that inside the PST File...

Hi,  I'm new to post editing. Could you show an example of how it should look in the post please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/30/2018 at 8:35 AM, vlklng34 said:

Hi,  I'm new to post editing. Could you show an example of how it should look in the post please?

I've shown this probably half a dozen times over the years. Do a search in the Post Development forum. Try the following:

sopcomm

sop_comm

15240

Operation Comment

if gcode$ = 1008

One of those search terms should yield some results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Join us!

eMastercam - your online source for all things Mastercam.

Together, we are the strongest Mastercam community on the web with over 56,000 members, and our online store offers a wide selection of training materials for all applications and skill levels.

Follow us