Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Post text change in 2018

2018 has changed the post text sections, for [CTRL_MILL|DEFAULT], to this:

[CTRL_TEXT_XML_BEGIN]  # Post text edits MUST be made with Control Definition Manager. The entire post must be encoded in the local code page plus the XML below despite UTF-8 tag.

I'm not proficient in xml. I want to add an mr2 function to park the head & have the operator perform a 1st article check, before running the transform ops. I can handle the post editing just fine, but I'm unsure about what I have to do about the text editing.

I understand that I've got to make the text edit in the CD, but what is entailed in encoding the entire post in the local code page?