Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cannot select cylinder for Safety Zone in Mastercam 2018

JCDFCM

After I hit Define Shape in the Safety Zone dialog, it prompts me to select entities and I select a circle, then end selection. This brings me to the dialog that allows you to select or modify the shape, the size, etc. but it defaults to a rectangle and does not allow me to select or modify anything in the dialog box such as change to a cylinder for the shape and input the radius. My machine definition is for a 5-axis mill. Any suggestions?

Thanks, JCDFCM

• 5 months later...

Define the Cylinder before hand and then pick that as the shape and it works really good. I like doing it this way so I can see my safety zones for each place I am using them.

Tip is to have Verisurf reverse and covert to a STL and then you can set translucency for that shape and see the ghost of it with your solids and it is a real slick way to use 2 powerful tools in the software.

• Thanks 1

Using MC2018

I'm using a Curve 5 Axis program and I enable safety zone, for axis of rotation I select X axis and set the angle at 45° then I click define shape and it puts me into a geometry selection dialogue. I pick my part and it creates a box before or after I select the geometry; I'm locked out of changing any of the settings. I can only select a face of the box and push or pull it. Enter doesn't even work I can only hit escape to end the dialogue.

As I was typing I this I tried to dock the toolpath manager to my main screen from a second screen then all the options that couldn't select now worked worked.

Odd eh?

Thank for the tips Ron.

54 minutes ago, Greg_J said:

Using MC2018

I'm using a Curve 5 Axis program and I enable safety zone, for axis of rotation I select X axis and set the angle at 45° then I click define shape and it puts me into a geometry selection dialogue. I pick my part and it creates a box before or after I select the geometry; I'm locked out of changing any of the settings. I can only select a face of the box and push or pull it. Enter doesn't even work I can only hit escape to end the dialogue.

As I was typing I this I tried to dock the toolpath manager to my main screen from a second screen then all the options that couldn't select now worked worked.

Odd eh?

Thank for the tips Ron.

You don't happen to have more than one instance of Mcam running do you?

I noticed something similar with a customer, he had two instances of Mcam 2018 running, he had undocked the ops manger on one instance and the other was still docked up. Witnessed some very strange whut the front yards until he docked the operations manager back up.