Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Lines normal on a surface edge

So not a Guru

I often use "lines normal" to create my tool axis lines for Curve 5X paths. The trouble I have is getting the lines to consistently locate on the surface edge. Manipulating the arrow/cursor is jumpy & seems kinda buggy, I've struggled with this since the day I discovered "lines normal".

Is there a trick to manipulating the arrow/cursor for the function, so that it will smoothly place the lines on the edge of my surfaces?

2 hours ago, So not a Guru said:

I often use "lines normal" to create my tool axis lines for Curve 5X paths. The trouble I have is getting the lines to consistently locate on the surface edge. Manipulating the arrow/cursor is jumpy & seems kinda buggy, I've struggled with this since the day I discovered "lines normal".

Is there a trick to manipulating the arrow/cursor for the function, so that it will smoothly place the lines on the edge of my surfaces?

It is broekn nas has been broken for quite some time.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, mayday said:

Is there a trick to manipulating jenjacs?

they are not normal at all

That is quite an understatement! Though, to be fair, while they are an odd group, they have always provided good facilities & equipment. And as the company grows, they have always increased the benefits to the employees. I worked for Joey & his dad for about 6 years with their 1st business. They wen't from building cabinets in a shop not much bigger than the cabinets, no paid holidays, no sick time & crappy insurance, to having a top of the line facility, the best equipment available, 2+ weeks of vacation, 11 paid holidays, great insurance that they paid a major portion of and a generous 401k. I was very happy during the 2 years I spent there, this time around. I was not looking to leave, but was given an offer I just couldn't turn down.

Every place we work has odd quirks and things that make you want to strangle someone, but at the end of the day, we're trading our time for their money. And as long as it's not foolishly dangerous or morally reprehensible, I figure they are paying for the time, so I do things their way. That attitude has aided me in making the case to change the way things are done, at many places I've had the honor of working at. 

I generally give every place I work at least a year, for me to get used to them & for them to get used to me. Sometimes, I've realize very quickly that a place just isn't a good fit for me, and on those occasions I've moved on. That seems to be the case for you with Jenjacs. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you and I'm hoping your next place is extra awesome.