Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MC error on startup

Thad

Just this morning, I get this error every time I start a session of MC X9. I click OK and everything seems to work fine. When running 2017, MC crashes on launch and won't even run.

This morning when I logged into my computer, there was a notice that WIndows installed updates. That's the only thing that jumps out at me.

mc error 1-10-18.jpg

• Like 1

Roll back this update and hide it in win updates so it wont keep bugging you to install it.

I am sure it will get patched sometime in the future.

2018-01 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1 on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB4055532)

Installation date: ‎1/‎10/‎2018 10:13 AM

Installation status: Successful

Update type: Important

A security issue has been identified in a Microsoft software product that could affect your system. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. For a complete listing of the issues that are included in this update, see the associated Microsoft Knowledge Base article. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.

More information: 
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/4055532

Help and Support: 
http://support.microsoft.com

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I try to edit a post with code expert using this win update.....code expert crashes a mile long error and Mastercam crashes on startup for me.

it could be the antivirus you are using that controls the severity of the incompatibility with Mastercam.

Google the update and you will see it is a patch for a vulnerability in the Net software.

I rolled back the update and all is well...

2 minutes ago, Müřlıń® said:

I rolled back the update and all is well...

How did you roll it back? When I click the link to show installed updates (where the option exists to uninstall an update), I don't see it in the list.

EDIT: Looking for this:  2018-01 Security and Quality Rollup for .NET Framework 3.5.1, 4.5.2, 4.6, 4.6.1, 4.6.2, 4.7, 4.7.1 on Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 for x64 (KB4055532)

16 hours ago, Müřlıń® said:

control panel/programs and features/   toggle view installed updates//////right click on the very last one...it is the january patch...one malicious tool remove andd the fram net fix....uninstall that one.

Got it. Thanks Murlin!

1 hour ago, JParis said:

I think Microsoft knows something is up...

I checked my updates on my home system this am...I see the .NET update but note that it was unchecked by default....

I saw that at home too, before running into this issue at work. There were two .NET updates and I just assumed (yeah, I know...) that one was required before the other which is why one was checked by default and one wasn't. Anyway, I haven't noticed any issues at home, though I don't run MC at home.

I came in this morning and Windows Update had installed more updates last night. It was the .NET update that I hid back when I uninstalled them. I thought hiding an update put it on the "don't install" list. Anyway, the error with X9 is now gone and 2017 will now open, so something got fixed somewhere.

Now, .pdf files are associated with Chrome. Should (<--key word) be easy enough to fix, but just thought that was kinda odd. Not only do I not normally open .pdfs with Chrome, Chrome is not even my default browser. :headscratch:

• Like 1

Thanks Thad Windows downloaded the new patch on my machine too and I came here to see if anyone had installed it yet.

I don't let Windows install updates automatically so the patch is in the Que....

I will install and see what happens....

here goes nuttin... 

EDIT:    yes this patch works now.

• 1 month later...