Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

is it possible to do this?

cherokeechief79

I need to output code for an experiment on a additive mfg machine.

I want to take a model and do a layer or waterline cut about every .003.

what if the model starts folding back over itself?

it wont get to every area because it thinks the shank of the tool cant get there but in reality this is not a problem.

has anyone ever tried anything like this?

Use Blend or Morph to create the toolpath. If you want to get real trick you will make surfaces offsets the surfaces the build up amount and then drive the toolpath from there to emulate your build up amounts if doing more than one build up. If you do it correct and make the surface water tight then you could make closed solids of the area you are doing the additive work to and then have per pass solids to work from. That is really the process and the work is going about the additional material process and getting something that will mimic it. I have done some EB projects and part of it was adding the fins to some areas. I went about it a little different since these were not existing before so it much easier than what you are trying to accomplish, but the principle is the same.