Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

using protected position macro or skip signal for probe positoning

The matsuura Renishaw omp 600  probe includes a position macro that will position the probe while searching for the skip signal so in the event of an obstruction the machine will stop.

so I modified the prapidout line to this. it s produced the desired effect of outputting the macro in between probe cycles ( customdrill cycles)

our other machine doesn't have this macro but I can just use the g31 in place of it

prapidout       #Output to NC of linear movement - rapid 
      if prb_flg = 1 & t$ = 60 & nextdc$ > 7,
       [ 
        pbld, n$, sgplane, sgabsinc, e$
        pbld, n$, "(protected positioning)", e$    
        pcan1, pbld, n$,"G65 P9810",pfxout, pfyout, pfzout, *feed,e$
       ]

else,
       [      
        pcan1, pbld, n$, sgplane, `sgcode, sgabsinc, pccdia,
          pxout, pyout, pzout, pcout, strcantext, scoolant, e$
       ]

Look into installing inspection plus macros on the machine that doesn't have them.  Otherwise you would be better off writing a quick macro to do a protected positioning move.  Pretty simple, but basically you would have a G31 with the destination on it, first check if the machine moved at all to verify the probe isn't already triggered, followed by some logic to detect if the machine moved but didn't make it to the final destination (obsrtuction), and finally if it moved all the way to the final destination you would exit without an alarm.  If you stack G31 movement serialy with any other movement, it will keep on trucking with the next block move regardless of if it hits something or not.  You have to compare and decide what to do next after each G31, before any more move or further G31 commands.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, huskermcdoogle said:

Look into installing inspection plus macros on the machine that doesn't have them.  Otherwise you would be better off writing a quick macro to do a protected positioning move.  Pretty simple, but basically you would have a G31 with the destination on it, first check if the machine moved at all to verify the probe isn't already triggered, followed by some logic to detect if the machine moved but didn't make it to the final destination (obsrtuction), and finally if it moved all the way to the final destination you would exit without an alarm.  If you stack G31 movement serialy with any other movement, it will keep on trucking with the next block move regardless of if it hits something or not.  You have to compare and decide what to do next after each G31, before any more move or further G31 commands.

That's a good point, thank you

All in a days forum lurking.  You're welcome.  If you need any further help implementing let's keep this going.  It's a good subject not a lot of people fully understand.  Writing custom probing cycles is actually pretty easy once you wrap your head around using the calibration values already present, and can save a great deal of time in a production setting.  I didn't have Inspection Plus on our Double Columns, and the factory macro's were painfully slow and inefficient.  I ended up saving 10 minutes on startup qualification of our first operation on the excavator frames just by writing my own single surface macro, single hit at 5000mm/min, easily repeated within about .005mm, which is PLENTY accurate for that application.  

7 minutes ago, Leon82 said:

Yes, it prints to the memory card. Very happy with it sofar

Well I will plant this seed. Verisurf has the ability to collect the data from the machine and show you the true positions back to your part in your Mastercam file. All the pieces are there to do this, but not sure if anyone working at Verisurf really knows how to do it. I don't think anyone at CNC Software knows how to either, but if someone really wanted to do it and took the time to figure it out it can be done.

VDI has a connect to your machine option. That connection would send the collected data back to Verisurf. Then you would run have it update to your aligned model in Verisurf and as each point is collected you could get it to populate to your screen and give you instant feedback. I was trying to get this off the ground about 6 years ago, but CNC Software wasn't interested in working with Boeing or Verisurf to make it happen. Really wish it would get picked up as any shop would be so ahead of the game if they could do this.