Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

2018 Won't Update

BrianP.

If have 2018 installed and have been running it since release. I also ran the public beta releases. Every time I do an update check it tells me no updates available yet I have never installed a single one. If I manually download the updates and try to install it still will not do it. Any one else have this issue?

I think this might have something to do with your having used the Beta program. if I remember correctly, you needed to uninstall the Beta package and also clear the registry of all of the Mastercam installs and then load the new version which is on the download page from CNC Software. Then it will install the "clean" version and then it will recognize that it requires updates. I believe there have been three updates so far.

LeoC

26 minutes ago, LeoC said:

I think this might have something to do with your having used the Beta program. if I remember correctly, you needed to uninstall the Beta package and also clear the registry of all of the Mastercam installs and then load the new version which is on the download page from CNC Software. Then it will install the "clean" version and then it will recognize that it requires updates. I believe there have been three updates so far.

LeoC

I think I did that but it was longer ago than yesterday so I don't remember. :D

I will try a clean install as it now is becoming an issue with trying to open newer Solid models from engineering. Before this is was just a curiosity. Now its a PITA.

Thanks

18 hours ago, LeoC said:

LeoC

Jamie from CNC Systems helped out. I posted my version number and it is exactly what you thought. Wrong version. I had thought I did download and reinstall once the public release came out but I guess not. My bad.