Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Solids color wont change

Toast

• 2 years later...

I have this same problem in 2020.  The solids came in red I've got a migrane and I'm totally xxxxed and it pisses me off so bad.  I also made a bounding box solid and it's opaque and I can't select it because it won't allow that to be clicked.  When I click the red things they turn a different color of red which is terrible and xxxxed up, but when I click on the created stock solid it doesn't change the hue of red so it's just like not there.  

35 minutes ago, AGreen5 said:

I have this same problem in 2020.  The solids came in red I've got a migrane and I'm totally xxxxed and it pisses me off so bad.  I also made a bounding box solid and it's opaque and I can't select it because it won't allow that to be clicked.  When I click the red things they turn a different color of red which is terrible and xxxxed up, but when I click on the created stock solid it doesn't change the hue of red so it's just like not there. 

You tired the Model Prep clear all colors and that doesn't work?

Sorry no Ribbon this is from my QAT.

image.png.0d0e92f958456076559f1df767d159a5.png

Yeah I tried the clear all colors with those selected, and it all stayed locked red.  It was a parasolid file.  Maybe I should have used solidworks?   The opaque stock out of the bounding box solids operation was a joke.  I finally just drew a square and extruded it and built a stock model and found myself wishing I had done that a lot sooner.  Looking at the red parts and clicking them to another color of red nearly identical was really annoying though.  It was almost completely distracting.  

• Sad 1
On 1/22/2018 at 5:41 PM, Toast said:

Hi, imported STP file, all good , but cannot change solid color - I can using the face option, but have to select them all singly! any ideas using MX9?

thx, Steve

That's funny. My solids colors keep changing on their own in 2020. Must be one of those "undocumented features".

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, AGreen5 said:

For the color problem, check this..if it is set to "use group" change it to use "entity colors"

zPatUBd.png

and check these setting for stock display

oHQIygf.png

2 hours ago, pro grammer said:

That's funny. My solids colors keep changing on their own in 2020. Must be one of those "undocumented features".

Nope just your lack of knowing how to use the software and how to configure it to your preferences no more than that. If you would take the time to learn it better then you would know that.

Again used you, your and you're correctly. 🤣

Sorry, but a lot of people consider me a real pain and unlikable and for the life of me can't figure out why. 🤔

• Haha 1

Jparis- I was super excited about that idea, I went to config and it was checked wrong.  I switched it to entity, clicked the solid part to select, right clicked cleared colors, clicked to select, right click to change solid color.  It didn't change.  So it didn't work but it was a nice tip and I was hopeful about it.  I have a phone interview for a programmer in 6 minutes.  After that I'll call Shopware on this embarrassingly simple problem.  

Also as it pertains to stock shading, I tried that last night also, that stock didn't change to solid, it stayed translucent and non-clickable, it didn't show up as an entity in the levels manager, and couldn't be sorted to a level or transformed to a level because the software didn't recognize it as existing to be selected.  

2 minutes ago, AGreen5 said:

Jparis- I was super excited about that idea, I went to config and it was checked wrong.  I switched it to entity, clicked the solid part to select, right clicked cleared colors, clicked to select, right click to change solid color.  It didn't change.  So it didn't work but it was a nice tip and I was hopeful about it.  I have a phone interview for a programmer in 6 minutes.  After that I'll call Shopware on this embarrassingly simple problem.  

You will  need to restart the software for the setting to stick...from that point you should then be able to change the color

3 hours ago, 5th Axis CGI said:

Nope just your lack of knowing how to use the software and how to configure it to your preferences no more than that. If you would take the time to learn it better then you would know that.

Again used you, your and you're correctly. 🤣

Sorry, but a lot of people consider me a real pain and unlikable and for the life of me can't figure out why. 🤔

No. Not my fault. I am well aware of how to set defaults. This is not an everytime issue. It is just when MC starts it's bi-daily tantrums. 

The best thing to do in this case is select the solid then hit blank!!!

Poof!

Now you don't have to look at it anymore :D

Maybe uncheck use group ans result color kn xform tho?

14 hours ago, AGreen5 said:

Yeah I tried the clear all colors with those selected, and it all stayed locked red.  It was a parasolid file.  Maybe I should have used solidworks?   The opaque stock out of the bounding box solids operation was a joke.  I finally just drew a square and extruded it and built a stock model and found myself wishing I had done that a lot sooner.  Looking at the red parts and clicking them to another color of red nearly identical was really annoying though.  It was almost completely distracting.  

stock is red by default

you can change it to any color you like

I prefer grey

stock color.jpg

I guess that's a known issue in 2020 with an import on parasolid.  I called Shopware and they said they had experienced the bright red parts that can't be color cleared.  I really hate the color red so it was just screwing with my mind, and the color select being a near identical red was equally frustrating.  I guess I chose the wrong solid type to import.  

1 hour ago, AGreen5 said:

I guess that's a known issue in 2020 with an import on parasolid.  I called Shopware and they said they had experienced the bright red parts that can't be color cleared.  I really hate the color red so it was just screwing with my mind, and the color select being a near identical red was equally frustrating.  I guess I chose the wrong solid type to import.  

I guess I am happy I have never seen this or experience it and import parasolids all the time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I experience this a lot when copying and pasting solids from one file to another.  They always come in red and none of the model prep color change options do anything.  I've never considered the stock color/display to be biting me so I'll have to keep that in mind next time.

Anyway, as an easy fix, I simply copy the solid over the original imported one, then delete the red one underneath.  Easy squeezy.