Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak Variaxis i-600 G54.4, G68.2

Hi all, 

I am very new to machining (didn’t know what an endmill was until 6 months ago) anyway I have been running a Haas Vf3 and Vf4 and St30 for awhile without any issues. However our shop got a new Variaxis a couple months back and we haven’t gotten a quality part out of it yet. Our programmer is in Oklahoma and comes down to help set up the machines (we are located in Garland TX) and he is very very experienced and great at what he does but we cannot seem to figure out G54.4 or G68.2. He recently posted about this issue and we got some very good feedback, his username is jcncprogrammer. Anyway I’m running these machines by myself 90% of the time and I’m just curious if we need to adjust some parameters or check the machine calibration or what it may be. If anyone is located around the DFW area and would be willing to swing by and help a newby out, it would be greatly appreciated and invaluable. Thanks

14 minutes ago, Barrier21 said:

Thanks jlw I have tried calling and left several voicemails, just waiting for the call back. Our apps guy here doesn’t seem to know much about anything we ask.

Haha thats the thing about a good apps guy.....when you find one.....get their cell number and buy them lots of beer!!!!

This will pay dividends trust me :lol::lol::lol: