Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

I need a faster box!

danielm

I need to go to the boss with a 'special request'.  This Dell Precision 7710 Workstation is nice but there's gotta be a faster ship thats not all that spendy.

its an i7-6820 cpu @ 2.7Ghz  /  16GB / Win 8.1 / Quadro M4000M w/4GB Video

Anyone got ideas to supercharge this thing...or what to beg for as a replacement?

Thanks!

I have the same laptop but with a i7-6920Q/64gigram/M2 ssd w a Q5000M and its pretty good for most things as long as you don't need to crunch lots of stock models or large toolpaths.......

but i hate waiting on computers so i just built an i9-7960x @ 4.4ghz with 64gb DDR @ 4000mhz with a single Samsung 960 pro...soon to be 2x in Raid 0.....38" Dell ultrawide on the way....and yes you can run windows7 on these new processors if that is what has been holding people back. Everything is so snappy with this rig i love it. Its driving me nutz now waiting .5 second for the dialogs to popup on my laptop when on my tower it takes 0.0000001 seconds lol!

It ran the latest benchmark in 3:23 but we all know that doesn't really show off the performance of a cpu...

sorry for the hijack just wanted to brag :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Max the ram out and add an ssd as ron said...but can't put too much lipstick on it without a full upgrade!

The company I work for just spent a ton of money trying to solve this problem. We bought the latest and greatest Dells. We did not keep them we ended up buying Boxx computers they are way faster than the Dells. The box is about the same money as the Dell my Boxx is the Apexx with  i7-8700 3.7GHz 64 Ram .

Howard

• Like 1