Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

How to highlight an entity and see which toolpath its associated with?

danielm

With "only display associative geometry", you have to actually pick each Operation, so you can see "What geometry" is associated to that Operation.

Say for example, you have 3 lines on the screen. You think to yourself "hmm, I don't remember those lines being part of my Ops", so you attempt to delete them.

You get a warning "that geometry is used in a toolpath operation. Are you sure you want to delete it"?

Which of your 200+ Ops uses those lines?

With "only display associative geometry" button, you have to select/unselect each operation in the list, to figure out which Ops those lines are "tied to".

Moreover, those lines could be used by several individual Ops. Which ones? We don't know, until we've got through the whole Ops manager to find out.

With the "Select" function, we can figure it out pretty quickly, and get to see exactly which operations are tied to that particular geometry.

• Like 1

It solves my problem with when I delete something and get the warning that its associated with a solid, toolpath, or plane....I have no idea which of the three it is.  If its associated with a toolpath, I'd rather not delete it versus if its a solid or plane as much.

Neither approach is better than the other as i see it...just another tool.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

With "only display associative geometry", you have to actually pick each Operation, so you can see "What geometry" is associated to that Operation.

Say for example, you have 3 lines on the screen. You think to yourself "hmm, I don't remember those lines being part of my Ops", so you attempt to delete them.

You get a warning "that geometry is used in a toolpath operation. Are you sure you want to delete it"?

Which of your 200+ Ops uses those lines?

With "only display associative geometry" button, you have to select/unselect each operation in the list, to figure out which Ops those lines are "tied to".

Moreover, those lines could be used by several individual Ops. Which ones? We don't know, until we've got through the whole Ops manager to find out.

With the "Select" function, we can figure it out pretty quickly, and get to see exactly which operations are tied to that particular geometry.

Colin thank you for giving me that thought on it.