Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fanuc Data Sheet Access

One of my bigger customers has modified the pallet change position (very) slightly on their Mori Seiki horizontal mill (Fanuc 16m control). As a result, the data sheet needs to be updated.

They can bring up the data sheet, but it is all in binary, and it returns the error "EX725 - X Z Data Setting Error"

They can access and modify the data sheet on the later Fanuc controls on their Mori Seiki Mill/Turns, but not on this 16m control.

Does anyone know the procedure for this, or if it can be done (or requires a Fanuc technician?). They're a pretty savvy maintenance department, but this one has them a little perplexed.

The Mori Data manuals used to be pretty good as shipped with the machines of that age.  What is the machine model?  Depending if it is an MH, or an SH, they would have only adjusted x or z respectively, I am guessing that the alarm number and description is common between the two machines.  Anyway, that said, grid shift would likely be the best way to adjust the position.  If it is an SH, grid shift Z so center of rotation is nominal 800 or 730mm (can't remember which may be off)  from G/L then mechanically float the pads in.  It's usually the best way to do this anyway.  Then the side benefit to this is you know where the center of rotation is.  Same goes for X grid location (COR), and Y grid location(top of empty pallet).  Once you have them nailed down, grid shift, then check tool change alignment.  9 times out 10 if I did this to a machine we had, everything would fall back into place, even if we had just acquired it.  Sometimes someone had their dick fingers in there and mechanically screwed up the tool changer arm location, but overall, that wasn't bad to get back in.  If you had to, and Leon makes a good point, I think you could change the G30 position for tool change but we never did that as I considered it a dirty fix. 

Also, define a very small value of adjustment.  If we are talking a thou or two, who cares, set it back and move on.