Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Verifying a part takes longer than running it

Joeyls319

I have a part that takes 45 minutes to verify and it only takes 23 minutes to run it on the machine.  There are other parts that are longer in this part family that only takes 10 minutes to verify and 30+ minutes on the machine.  The parts are not that big at all.

I have 32gb of RAM on my computer.  

Running 2017 Mastercam.

I've ran the "Repair File" function in Mastercam.

I only have one window open of Mastercam.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix the verifying issue.

Thanks

Joey

What does verify time have to do with how long it takes on the machine?  This has everything to do with your computer and the verify settings.  Adjustments can be made to speed things up if that is your concern, but there will be a sacrifice in visual quality.

Anyway,  until CNC Software gives us the ability to make settings for kinematic parameters based on the machine to get time estimates there is going to be a discrepancy between the estimated cycle time and the actual time on the machine, and this wouldn't be a trivial task.  It would be best to use some other verification software or a factory control simulator to make cycle time estimates.  But in general it should usually be a faster estimate than actual.  I have found the best way to make a somewhat accurate cycle time estimate if you need it is going to be through on machine testing and prior experience.

• Like 1

Yes I'm aware of the sliders at the bottom.  I'm looking for a reason why with some parts it takes a long time to run them through verify and other similar parts of the part family it goes much quicker.  All the parts use the same settings in verify.  

Not looking for cycle times.  I don't think it's computer performance because I have a part 10mm longer and 6 more tool operations and it verifies quicker than the shorter one.

23 hours ago, Joeyls319 said:

Yes I'm aware of the sliders at the bottom.  I'm looking for a reason why with some parts it takes a long time to run them through verify and other similar parts of the part family it goes much quicker.  All the parts use the same settings in verify.  

Not looking for cycle times.  I don't think it's computer performance because I have a part 10mm longer and 6 more tool operations and it verifies quicker than the shorter one.

Did you happen to change any of these settings?

Capture-2.JPG

I have a top of the line Boxx PC and see the same thing. I just learned to live  with this. Verify can be a drag... especially when there is a lot of helical toolpath as helical arcs have tendencies to bring verify to a crawl. Having large files don't help either ( above million lines )

Not much you can do about it, short of adjusting sliders/tolerances...

I'm with the OP on this, verify is not right.  MCam2017 with windows 7 verify was fast. 2018 with windows 10 is worse than watching the life cycle of a blade of grass.  There are so many time consuming bugs it's aggravating when you are on a tight schedule. Every time I open an operation there's about a 6-7 second delay, change between parameter pages there's a delay on every one,  right click for quick access tool bar another 10 seconds.  Granted I know this is associated with windows 10 (because I didn't have these problems before) it's still Mastercam. Due to government security requirements we have to use windows 10. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:50 AM, jerms said:

Every time I open an operation there's about a 6-7 second delay, change between parameter pages there's a delay on every one,  right click for quick access tool bar another 10 seconds.

this is a Windows 10 issue

Microsoft released an update that fixes this issue on 01/31/18

https://support.microsoft.com/nb-no/help/4058258/windows-10-update-kb4058258