Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mazak VC-500A/5X

I have had my hands on one.  It's one of their lower end 5ax machines but still very capable.  I wouldn't try to hog with it... more of a finesse kinda machine.  I would check center of rotation about once a week assuming no crashes.

• Like 1

What Spindle Speed? What Options? What kind of material will you be cutting? 441lb is not a lot of Weight so I have to assume small to Medium parts? Use the Mazatrol side for your tool management and the eia side for your programming. I like the outputting my suffix letters using the .01 = A, .02 = B, and such so I can really harness the power of the Mazatrol tool and tool life management. I hope someone was wise enough to demand a Machine Model as part of the purchase.

• Like 3

I think there is only one flavor of it Ron.  10k spindle, Smooth with all the control goodies.

I totally agree with Mazatrol Tool Data, especially in an Integrex.  I will take a boring bar and rough in an id with .01 and M6 to .02 and rough the od.  Took me a minute to get my mill tools to not output .xx as on one machine it didn't like the .00 for some reason.  I use Station Number on lathe tools to set .xx.

11 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

I think there is only one flavor of it Ron.  10k spindle, Smooth with all the control goodies.

I totally agree with Mazatrol Tool Data, especially in an Integrex.  I will take a boring bar and rough in an id with .01 and M6 to .02 and rough the od.  Took me a minute to get my mill tools to not output .xx as on one machine it didn't like the .00 for some reason.  I use Station Number on lathe tools to set .xx.

Only one flavor hum that is disappointing I would want the 20K spindle and Max Tool changer size with Probe and every bell and whistle I can get.

Yes you must make .01 the default. .00 doesn't exist in the control. A-Z with some missing letter is what is there. .00 is nothing for the control so if you are using the suffix then you must output data within the range of what it's logic was build for. I also use to output Heavy tool information also.

11 minutes ago, jlw™ said:

Only one flavor hum that is disappointing I would want the 20K spindle and Max Tool changer size with Probe and every bell and whistle I can get.

Yes you must make .01 the default. .00 doesn't exist in the control. A-Z with some missing letter is what is there. .00 is nothing for the control so if you are using the suffix then you must output data within the range of what it's logic was build for. I also use to output Heavy tool information also.

It will have the 12000 rpm spindle, 30 tool changer, probing, and it should have all the high speed and 5 axis control stuff . Hopefully every thing will work great. The stuff we want to do should fit in the envelop of the 500mm cube. we talked to a mazack tech today and he said that the one we will get will have a larger casting and be more ridged then the ones sold a year ago or so?? we did want a faster spindle and larger tool changer. but the time line and limitations off options prevented it. Hopefully it will be a nice starter model!!

I don't know about the new ones but the "old" ones only have 5 points for leveling.  A good buddy of mine owns a service company that works on primarily Mazaks.  He says they are terrible to level and need it regularly.  He also says the newer ones are much better.  I hope you have good luck with it!

• 4 weeks later...

We got the Postability  post and the simulator, Played around a little  bit, it looks like fun. The machine should be ready to ship 3-28-18 so hopefully we will  have time to play a little more. There might be a learning curve!!

Thanks for your input!!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:13 AM, taperlength said:

Looks similar to the Variaxis J-500-5X  only the trunnion tilts the other way.   If I won the lottery, I would put one in my garage.

The tilt range are in symmetrical, it said -110/+110. Our J600/5x Variaxis have -120/+90 B-Angle.

• Huh? 1