Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

MASTERCAM DEFAULT FILE LOCATIONS - SERIOUS HELP PLEASE.

Kampfzentrum

OK, so I never mess with the default settings of MasterCam minus reversing a mouse wheel. However, I had an IT guy come in and try to move my file definitions to the network drive and now EVERYTHING is messed up. I cannot see my machine definitions, cannot even start a file because the machines are all gone. How in the world do I set the defaults back to the original locations? I see where the file locations are changed in the Configuration screen, but I have no idea where these default locations exist. This is a nightmare and I currently cannot even do my job.

OK, I fixed the above issue, but when creating NC files the files go to the directory: C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2018\mill\NC and Code Expert never prompts me regarding where I want to save this NC file, it just automatically goes into the above directory. Any ideas.

It appears I'm not out of the woods on this one yet.

1 hour ago, Kampfzentrum said:

OK, I fixed the above issue, but when creating NC files the files go to the directory: C:\Users\Public\Documents\shared Mcam2018\mill\NC and Code Expert never prompts me regarding where I want to save this NC file, it just automatically goes into the above directory. Any ideas.

It appears I'm not out of the woods on this one yet.

You just need to change the data path of those files.

In the config settings page, click on Files, select the type of file you want to change the path of and tell it where to look.