Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Mastercam 2018-freezing-stuttering

nickc

having problems with screen freezing and becoming non responsive,seems to really happen in any screen with a yellow box field(lead in-out page),all video drivers are up to date,auto update is off,feedback program is off. it still logs the clicks and will "catch up with itself " very annoying and killing my flow,please help!

latest MC update was 20.0.21885.0

AMD Ryzen 7

32gb ram

asus-strix-rx580 video card

win 10 64 bit

Having the same thing. Last week windows updated and Crashtercam also updated. Now I'm glitchey as heck. killing me!!! Today I just tried to drag the pop up comments to another spot on the screen and it had trails man, really far out man... I always dread it when windows updates, never know where to start, dam I need an I.T. guy in my life

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 4:08 AM, CEMENTHEAD said:

No you don't. Trust me.

IT recently eviscerated my computer due to an apparent 'threat'. Was happily running MC2017 - like a Rolls-Royce. After wipe & reload of Win7 Pro 64bit os, MC2018 was installed - so far has been a bobcad-esque experience. Before I start ripping the product, which I like and have used for years, I notice that it is very slow to fire-up & after the initial splash screen 'Loading commands...' etc the screen momentarily goes blank before continuing to start-up (Quadro M2000). Never used to do this. It seems sluggish in every respect, esp. verify which is glacially  slow. Backplot will not display many of the tool holders from my Tool catalog I built in mcam2017. I know the product can't be this bad, its gotta be some or other setting.  Bearing in mind I have almost zero sovereignty over my computer - any suggestions ?

42 minutes ago, gcode said:

perhaps this will help

http://forum.mastercam.com/Topic24588.aspx

if you can't access Mastercam.com, give your IT person this link

https://github.com/dotnet/announcements/issues/53

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately can't link to mastercam.com due to our bullet proof security set to paranoia level.Once again I'll  refer it back to IT and hope for a miracle .

44 minutes ago, pete_hull said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately can't link to mastercam.com due to our bullet proof security set to paranoia level.Once again I'll  refer it back to IT and hope for a miracle .

I'm not sure of the process but you can get access to Mastercam.com without downloading the licensing tool and getting your IT departments tail in a twist.

Contact your dealer. They should be able to help your with this

• Thanks 1