Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Fadal side mount changer

milehighxr

I have a Fadal 4020 Multiprocessor CNC (NOT Fanuc control) built in 2007 with the side mount swing arm changer. We also have a few Haas, and the nice thing about the Haas side mount swing arm changers is that if I want my face mill out of the changer, but I forgot what tool it was set as, and I can see it in pocket 5 all I have to do is type P5M6 cycle start and the face mill is brought to the spindle. I've tried this same process on the Fadal and no worky. Anything like this on the above mentioned Fadal? I really don't kiine playing tool changer bingo, and I know if we try to keep a list at the machine someone will forget to update the list.

If you forget what number is assigned to a certain tool on the Fadal and you need to call it into the spindle do the following:

1) Use the turret clockwise/counterclockwise button to get the desired tool into the tool change waiting position

2) From the command line type DD then press enter

3) Use the Swap tools option

Hope this helps