Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Vericut question

RaiderX

We just aquired a seat of vericut but am having problems with the new install on windows 10. upon new project or save as or save configuration settings it bails on me

(vericut closes with no message or warning).

I have a few people working on this issue but we are all scratching our heads at this point??

hopefully one of our e-mastercam gods have run accross this and have a solution?

TIA

Doug

1 minute ago, David Colin said:

You can try to delete your vericut81.prefs file, maybe it's corrupted. It should be in your windows user directory. 

did that with no luck

i am local admin on my workstation but think some group policy or?? has me locked down?

1 hour ago, gcode said:

google setting up a global admin account in Win 10

then use that to install Vericut

thank G been there done that too.

I seriously think it is in the group user policy on our domain. was hoping someone out there works for a company that lets them in on that end??

I know far reach but I was cnc programmer and network administrator at two previous companies. worked as a good side gig wile my programs were running (filled in the gaps of time).  learned lots and it really has an impact on the heavy end users (cad-cam etc.).

I have to assume have done the full NT permissions on all the Vericut Folder? No logged in as admin, but went to each folder and made sure you have full rights? Other thing is to take complete ownership of the folder. That is a little bit of a hack, but might be your only choice. Have you put the license file on your system and not tried pull it from a sever if you are pulling it from a sever?

I have no control or vision of permissions (locked out). some folders in the install directory are read only. I can change them but when i go back into propertied it is back to read only?? I have to assume this is some group policy? lots I am not privy to, its a corporate thing. good times

license file is on a server. when i open vericut it indicates license is good. i can open help and verify.

Have you set it up on any other PC previously? The license is only for ONE PC and prior to the installation the license created by CGTech is specifically for that exact equipment. If you try to load it on anything else it'll bail without a new license. Just a thought, but I agree....their support is second to none, so they'll walk you thru this over the phone.

I have to admit, that their installation is like pulling teeth....I dread the moment I need to reinstall their software or move the license to a different pc