Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Is there a way to lock a level

motor-vater

Yes I do back up every 30 min. I got the message I was trying to delete a duplicate solid I was messing with. I did not realize both levels were on... Then because I was in the planes window instead of toolpaths I did not see everything blow up tell after I saved... Errrr.... I like the new layout of Mcam, but I also am not a fan of how the side window works. I like the old school where toolpaths are always visible so U notice something like that immediately. Either way all of my stupidity could have been impossible with something as simple as a little lock button for the level...

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:33 PM, motor-vater said:

Then because I was in the planes window instead of toolpaths I did not see everything blow up tell after I saved

Have you got multiple copies being saved I your back up? You could then go to a previous save and copy the lost geometry and merge it into the file you lost it from, still have to rebuild the solid but would save some work.

On ‎2‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:58 AM, Teh Bear without Brains kinda idiot said:

I akways blank the geo for solid building 

I like this idea. 

Another  alternative is to create the solid in a separate file, make a copy, turn it into a dumb body and import this into your working file.

This has the added advantage of keeping your working file size down and reduce verification time , especially with complex solids. And you always have a safe backup of the solid which can also be edited.....

• Like 1

QC emailed me back and said they'll add me to the list with all the others. Cant give me a time frame.. lol I cant imagine the feeling of satisfaction I will get, if and when they add this feature knowing that I somehow contributed to the betterment of MasterCam..:D Sure wish I knew how to make a chook to do it. How hard can it be..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1