Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Projecting Toolpath Onto a Plane

SCO-Robotics

Background: We are using Mastercamx7 (updating to current version soon) in conjunction with Robotmaster to program a Kuka robot of model KR10R900_sixx.

Thus far, we have been programming toolpaths in a de-burring type operation that removes flash from a ceramic body.  To accomplish this task, we have been creating a silhouette boundary and using the result as a toolpath, although there is some curvature to the part we are cutting and it is not all on one plane. We have been able to get away with this so far but we have been tasked with a new assignment where we need to control the z-axis much tighter and do not want to manually manipulate the depth of each feature because there are 300-500 features per part. The models we create this toolpath from are very detailed but my self-taught Mastercam skills are not at a point where I know how to create a toolpath without projecting onto a single, flat plane. I have already had my designer create a plane that we can project a toolpath to but I'm not sure how to accomplish this.

Any advice?

I am new to this forum so if there is somewhere else I should post this, please let me know!

• SCO-Robotics changed the title to Projecting Toolpath Onto a Plane