Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Cycle Definition text files

jaydenn

I'm using 2018 and I'm having an issue with 2 of my seats behaving differently...

One seat will never, ever show the correct "drill parameter text" in the operations. I am under the impression that this info is stored with the control definition? yes? no?

text files have long since been abolished, right?

Here's what happens; My seat of Mastercam works just fine, that is, when I make a drilling cycle, I see all the correct cycles and get all the correct parameters.

I copy all 4 required files (Post.pst, post.psb, machine.mcam-mmd, machine.mcam-control) to the second seat, open a session, and BLAMO... all the drilling cycles are gone. Everything wiped out.

What gives? What am I missing? Why can't I see the cycles on the second machine?

J

it is probably the language that windows is using

check to see if it is using Canada English or Us english

open the pst file of the one that is causing you grief

search for language in the file

change the Ca to US or the US to CA in the offending file

save the file

then reload the machine def

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, jaydenn said:

I'm using 2018 and I'm having an issue with 2 of my seats behaving differently...

One seat will never, ever show the correct "drill parameter text" in the operations. I am under the impression that this info is stored with the control definition? yes? no?

text files have long since been abolished, right?

Here's what happens; My seat of Mastercam works just fine, that is, when I make a drilling cycle, I see all the correct cycles and get all the correct parameters.

I copy all 4 required files (Post.pst, post.psb, machine.mcam-mmd, machine.mcam-control) to the second seat, open a session, and BLAMO... all the drilling cycles are gone. Everything wiped out.

What gives? What am I missing? Why can't I see the cycles on the second machine?

J

Drill Parameter Text is stored inside the Post File. Not the CD. Although, you must use the CD to edit the text strings...

13 hours ago, ajmer said:

it is probably the language that windows is using

check to see if it is using Canada English or Us english

open the pst file of the one that is causing you grief

search for language in the file

change the Ca to US or the US to CA in the offending file

save the file

then reload the machine def

This was it. The second station had the wrong language selected. Easy fix.

Thanks all,

J