Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

POSITION OF MY ORIGIN

sime

Hello
I have a problem with my code cix on klever 1530. I am doing my toolpath on mastercam 2018 and the similation is perfect. I generate my code and once brought to the biesse machine, it changes my machining depth by 0.25 inches more than I wanted. I do not know if there is a way to correct this when I'm doing my toolpaths.
Thank you for your contribution

I would suggest checking your length offset for the tool in Mastercam, found on the tool page. I am seeing Tool # 1 but the length offset is set to 0. I am not sure if you are very familiar with how the machine handles a G43 call but its something to consider since its not all that common to run a length offset 0, at least not from my experience or the machines that I have ran.

I would basically make the length offset 1 to match the tool number and that could potentially be the problem. 

If you find that it happens to be a length offset issue, there are things that can be done or settings that can be changed to prevent that from happening again so if this is the cause let us know and we can recommend where to make that change.

Edit: never mind about G43, after looking at your code file i see that code is pretty conversational so the stuff i mentioned about G43 would not be applicable but it still could be caused by the length offset value as this may still be needed even with that conversational code.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,
I finally found the solution to my problem because it was just necessary to modify in the post of the machine the zero position. and in my linking parameter remove the retract option and keep the flat feed to 1 in absolute of course.
thank you very much for your contribution to the solution found

• 5 years later...
On 3/29/2023 at 2:50 PM, Marta Cendron said:

Hi, I just saw your post. I wanted to ask you a few things:
Did you create the post?
Did you start from an existing one?
Is it a 3-axis or 5-axis?
I ask why I would like to create one for my new router

Whether building a post from scratch, or buying a new one customized to your machine, your reseller can hook you right up!