Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

HAAS GR712 3-axis Router

• 8 months later...

We just got a GR-510 at my work.

The biggest issues I am running into using the "GENERIC HAAS 3X MILL" Post Processor is with the tool changes.

The tool change height is at Machine Z=0. But the spindle can additionally travel Z=4.538 above this position.

Most of the time, I have to command a " G0 G90 G53 Z4.538" following any "T# M6" to avoid crashing the tool before any X or Y moves are commanded.

You can Alias the M6 on a Haas.

When you have Z travel clearance issues, I always setup a safe tool change position on the machine (top of travel). This way if you hit ATC FWD/REV, it will go to the top of travel as no M6 is being used. Then Alias the M6 to go to the top of travel before and after the toolchange. Thirdly modify the post to use G53 instead of G28 to go to the top of travel.

You have to modify the post as G91G28Z0 will not bring the Z to the top of travel on a Haas.