Sign in to follow this  
chappy

whideside milling guitar pickup bobbin

Any one that can help me here i tried all kind of ways but i can not get it to work in X5

i want to side cut the middle part of the piece in the images and not toughing the rest 

i am using a  whiteside 3110  cutter for it

i have looked on youtube but can not find any videos

Thanks

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.05.01 AM.png

I don't see why it wouldn't work if you use a sharp corner cutter with no radius and multi passes. (Seems no rad on the model). We use torus cutters on our aluminum parts. Use direction to lead in and out.

Thanks witch of the toolpaths would you use for this type of tool

slot__undercut_bit-form_router_bits-whiteside_machine_company-14_slot__undercut_bits_slotting_slotti-eside_machine_company-united_states-3110-844278031102.thumb.jpg.ebcf6c18cb4b9c9a84c6d54f043275eb.jpg

I would use contour, here I just called it a slot mill and used multi passes and depth cuts with a big lead in and out.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Sure, make sure your lead in and out are big enough for clearance, and you start at the cutter depth and not the start of the cutter.

Hey Poolrod thanks for your time in helping me but i am stuck here and i do not how to get it to work  i have included the Parasolid file and some screen shots  what is that i should do

Thanks remco

pickup test.x_b

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 12.43.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 12.45.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 12.45.26 PM.png

I will help in a few hours after work. You should be able to chain around the inside wall completely if you wireframe it. Run it clockwise and chain arrow outside.

Currently working on the geometry from your model. It was choppy like it was 3d scanned from the real thing.

How wide is your cutting tool?. I used a .25 thick slot cutter here with a ,5 wide and a.175 dia. shank.

good.jpg

good settings.jpg

good cutter path.jpg