Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Tool Vending Machine

Our company is looking into the idea of tool vending machines.   MSC is going to come out and give a sales pitch.  I know a couple other venders I deal with offer the same thing.  We are a small company that does not do production work. Every thing is Custom 1-2 piece . Currently I keep a few Vidmars stocked with tooling that is ordered by our purchaser from a handful of venders depending our she can get the best price. What are some pros and cons of this system???

Thanks

Where are you located?  We have Max Tool and ITS vending machines in our shop.  We are a small-ish shop as well.  There's no charge on it but we go through some tooling.  We do basically no production, some repeat jobs but not production.  Practically everything is a 1-off.  I think they are very beneficial.

MSC is just the first one to come out and give their pitch. IF we go to a tool management system We would look into others as well and find the best fit for us.  I just do not know anything about it so thats why I was asking for info.  Nothing is going to happen overnight.  

We have MSC's system and we love it, always check prices, MSC's prices are better than most but its not well known because the website does not show the prices you pay if you have an agreement with them. We typically pay 30-50% less than the numbers on their site. The other nice thing is that you can use their cabinets for tools that you didn't even purchase from them.