Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

pre reading mr1

I'm trying to make a post for our drag knife. The machine has 3 heads; a simple drag knife, an oscillating drag knife and a simple spindle.

I am hoping to be able to select the mode that will be used with the mr1. 0 would select the simple knife, 1 the oscillating knife and 2 the mill. Is there a way I can have the post read the mr1 value of the 1st op, so that I can use that info in my ptlchg_com postblock?

I would also like to be able to pull the Z clearance height value from the operation & be able to use it in the same postblock.

3 minutes ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

'Misc Values' are read before the Tool Change event. So 'mi1$' and 'mr1$' will already be set.

I just figured that out. I had a brain breakdown, I had created the mi1 to switch the heads in the CD, but I had created my if logic in the post with the mr1$, instead of the mi1$.;)

How would I pre-read the clearance height value from the nextop ( a misnomer as we only have one operation per file) in order to use it in my ptlchg_com postblock?