Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

umc 750 programming woes

voc177

So when the UMC first came out, they were using a 45 degree Ball artifact. Which is probably what this machine is using, 2015 ish. The probe cycle for MRZP stores the calculated center point in macro variables. If the artifact is not properly positioned on the table, the probe can shank out. It will run through the process, however your center point will be off considerably. 

By storing it in a macro variable 1st and not over writing your parameter it allows the user to see how much it is off. If its off by .010 it's a dead give away that it was not setup correctly. Also, if your work probe and tool setter are not properly calibrated the value will significantly be off. This again should be a flag to the user and do some inquiring to figure out why it is off. 

I typically warm up the machine, calibrate the probes, and then run MRZP a few times to make a chart and compare deviation. Followed by making any required parameter change. Then there is software like AxiSet, that will plot your error. If you had in fact fudged a number, you would see it in the plot. 

Doing this process, the individual really needs to have an understanding of what they are actually preforming. 

On 3/9/2018 at 6:40 AM, Brian@PhillipsCorp said:

So when the UMC first came out, they were using a 45 degree Ball artifact. Which is probably what this machine is using, 2015 ish. The probe cycle for MRZP stores the calculated center point in macro variables. If the artifact is not properly positioned on the table, the probe can shank out. It will run through the process, however your center point will be off considerably. 

By storing it in a macro variable 1st and not over writing your parameter it allows the user to see how much it is off. If its off by .010 it's a dead give away that it was not setup correctly. Also, if your work probe and tool setter are not properly calibrated the value will significantly be off. This again should be a flag to the user and do some inquiring to figure out why it is off. 

I typically warm up the machine, calibrate the probes, and then run MRZP a few times to make a chart and compare deviation. Followed by making any required parameter change. Then there is software like AxiSet, that will plot your error. If you had in fact fudged a number, you would see it in the plot. 

Doing this process, the individual really needs to have an understanding of what they are actually preforming. 

Thank and great answer. To bad most who come to the site want read the great answer, but I appreciate it, 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-03-07 at 2:45 PM, WestRiver said:

We too have a Haas umc 750 and a Postability Post. Ours comes up with error codes 2.103 y axis servo error too large , 9971 excessive axis speed or acceleration , 949 internal feed error detected. The machine just stops, right after gouging my part, started doing it when I first started doing 5 axis simultaneous machining now it is doing it on simple surfacing. It has ruined (5) , 3500.00 parts in the last 2 weeks. Haas finally fessed up to the fact that they have a software issue and are going to up grade the software  some day soon  I hope .I would double check the   WRZP numbers as I don't see any 12" numbers in the code you have posted It could be the software with yours as well. Good luck!

I followed up with WestRiver and it sounds like a control software update has fixed his issues.

• Like 3