Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Double output

I'm working with the MPmaster. I need both the X & Y values to be output at every move, but when I use pfxout & pfyout, in my prapidout & plinout postblocks, I get duplicated output. I also get the last position output on my rapid moves.

N31 G02 X5.4625 Y9.1092 I0. J.3125
N32 G00
N33 X5.4625 Y9.1092
N34 X7.83 Y9.1092
N35 X7.83 Y9.1092

Using the debugger, I've determined that the pncoutput postblock is causing the duplicate output, but I can't figure out why.

If I use pxout & pyout, instead of pfxout & pfyout, thee output is perfect, except that I don't get both X & Y if one value doesn't change.

N28 G02 X5.4625 Y9.1092 I0. J.3125
N29 G00
N30 X7.83

Your problems stem from Modality, and the way that NCI data is designed to be processed. When you say "I need the X and Y at every move", what I think you really want is just "force XY output, at the Tool Change event".

Am I right?

Keep the 'prapidout', 'plinout', and 'pcirout' Post Blocks 'as is'.

Inside 'ptlchg$' add the following:

result = force (xabs, yabs)

The Force command is a "one shot" force of a "list" of variables. The command works by telling MP, "the next time you encounter any of the variables inside the 'force' list, force the output one time". The nice thing is that you can do this at the beginning of  'ptlchg$', and the variables won't be output until they appear on a "normal output line".

You may also need to add the same formula statement to 'ptlchg0$'.

1 hour ago, Colin Gilchrist said:

When you say "I need the X and Y at every move", what I think you really want is just "force XY output, at the Tool Change event".

I'm actually not 100% positive. I was told that the drag knife needs the output at every move to determine the index angle of the blade, but I'm going to run some code , at a safe height, tomorrow, to test that.