Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Controlling contour tool entry point and path

fjb2069

Say I create a circle and I select the center as the tool entry point and the circle itself as the path.  So in lead in/out, I check entry point.   Now lets say I want the tool to enter at the circle center and then proceed towards the 12 o'clock position to enter the circle path.   IS there a way to tell mastercam to go from the center to the 12 o'clock position?

You can do that several different ways.  How easy it is can depend on how the arc was created etc.

If you are only doing one arc, the easiest way might be to change the start and end point of the circle.

NRu4p8l.png

You can also break the arc into quadrants and select a start point.

You can put a point at the location that you want to start and select that as a start point.

To do that, just right click on the chain in the chaining manager and reslect the start point.

yu2EX7F.png

On the home tab there is an option to turn on endpoints.  If you turn that option on you will be able to see the start and end point of your circle.  You can use the options mentioned above to change the start point  or as another option you can rotate the circle about it's center point until the endpoint is lined up where you need it. I normally just click on the geometry icon in the operation manager to open the chain manager then right click on the chain I want to change and select start point.