Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ for Mastercam

I am running Mastercam 2019.  I downloaded X+ from the link listed above and it seems to have downloaded just fine.  Can you tell me how to add X+ to Mastercam now?  on 2018 I had it in my context menu on the right mouse button.  My Mastercam salesmen set that up for me but now I don't know how to do it like that in 2019.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Gunther,

For some reason I cannot extract or unzip the setup sheet installation file.  I attempted on three computers running window 7 and 10.   I have never had an issue on past products.  The fixtures installation file works fine.  Thanks for your help.

image.png.f0c12eab44c9561e366900a9ccd96649.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 10:01 AM, rhettmandel said:

Gunther, 

I downloaded the zip file to my desktop, my trend micro flags it as ransomware but I ignore the message to block the install and click allow. After I agree to the Terms it tries to install but I get "Mastercam Directory not found\Installation aborted" message. I've used your application since the beginning and it usually just installs without issues. Am I doing something wrong? Please help if you can.

I have a windows 7 pc.

image.png.fb4394d3843e85e9f7e16189d310a759.pngimage.png.c76aed1ee0d10e857cb33807686570e1.png

I have the same issue...??

6 hours ago, pullo said:

This usually happens if you install Mastercam and you have not run it yet once , so it creates all the directories  in the  Users directory . 

I just installed the new version and it went fine...

Gracjan

Not my case...I run mine daily

1 hour ago, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

It's a Windows 7 issue.

I've uploaded a new installer. Hopefully the problem is solved. I can't test it, because I don't have Windows 7 installed.

I'll test the install as soon as I can corral and IT person

JParis I can't remember exactly how I fixed it. One thing I did was grab the X+ folder from my mcam2018 install and pasted it into my mcam2019 chooks folder. I also installed it into a workstation that didn't have an issue then copied the files onto USB or network storage, and then copy and pasted onto my workstation and it showed up in my list of toolbars. One of these 2 approaches worked because, by the time my IT department came by to check so they could close the helpdesk request I created, it was already fixed by me. I can relate to your frustration because our shop relies on the X+ template, and when I had to use a different template to make setup sheets manually while I figured it out, people noticed, machinist usually do not enjoy the change. This may not have been the proper approach but all features are working in mcam2019. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 9:31 AM, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

It's a Windows 7 issue.

I've uploaded a new installer. Hopefully the problem is solved. I can't test it, because I don't have Windows 7 installed.

Finally got it installed...thank you Gunther!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Mcam Nut said:

How can I get the setup sheet to only output 1 tool for multiple operations, instead of having the same tool listed multiple times?  btw x+ works great now, haven't used it since x5

You can use the tool sheet as well. It takes account for multiple tools....and you are also able to sort the tool list.

image.thumb.png.afefff4ed9a3d033fc6e36ce64b8c183.png

12 hours ago, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

You can use the tool sheet as well. It takes account for multiple tools....and you are also able to sort the tool list.

Günther, thank you for X+!

Would we be able to add a misc i/r value to the output some how?

• 2 weeks later...
  On 11/14/2018 at 7:24 AM, Günther Massimo - GMCCS said:

I have it installed, edited a template, made a new template, and even edited the column headings, but I still have a few questions.

1) How do you "Sort The Tool List"?   I want to have the list of tools sorted in order starting with #1 to whatever to make it easier for the setup guy.

2) Is there any instruction documentation on X+ for Mastercam 2019?  I am not sure how to use all the features of X+ or how to get the most benefit from using it. I don't recall seeing any documentation on the GMCCS website and I didn't see anything in the X+ folders after installing it.

On 11/28/2018 at 8:25 AM, Dave228 said:

I have it installed, edited a template, made a new template, and even edited the column headings, but I still have a few questions.

1) How do you "Sort The Tool List"?   I want to have the list of tools sorted in order starting with #1 to whatever to make it easier for the setup guy.

2) Is there any instruction documentation on X+ for Mastercam 2019?  I am not sure how to use all the features of X+ or how to get the most benefit from using it. I don't recall seeing any documentation on the GMCCS website and I didn't see anything in the X+ folders after installing it.

It is a free tool and use as is. If you want to pay the developer to help you then email Günther and I am sure he will be glad to help you for the right amount of money. Not trying to be ugly, but he has offered this for free for many years and never once asked for anything in return. 

• Like 1