Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

X+ for Mastercam

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:25 AM, Dave228 said:

You can use the tool sheet as well. It takes account for multiple tools....and you are also able to sort the tool list.

image.thumb.png.afefff4ed9a3d033fc6e36ce64b8c183.png

I have it installed, edited a template, made a new template, and even edited the column headings, but I still have a few questions.

1) How do you "Sort The Tool List"?   I want to have the list of tools sorted in order starting with #1 to whatever to make it easier for the setup guy.

2) Is there any instruction documentation on X+ for Mastercam 2019?  I am not sure how to use all the features of X+ or how to get the most benefit from using it. I don't recall seeing any documentation on the GMCCS website and I didn't see anything in the X+ folders after installing it.

Sorting the tool list is easy, just click on the one of the "Selected Fields" and it will sort based on that.toollistsort.thumb.png.a55235942a893f9d2dd122cb39b1d017.png

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

As of yesterday, my machines and spare computer won't view the image in the setup sheets, those machines and computer don't access the internet just the network.

All I get are the broken image icon and then the rest of the setup sheet. 

Anyone else having an issue?

I even put a fresh install of Chrome on my Okuma, that didn't show the images either, normally we just use IE to view the HTML page of the setup sheets.

I'm the only one using Mastercam, and I know I didn't make any changes.

The computer that creates the setup sheets (this one) has no issues. Was there a recent Windows update that messed with image viewing?

==================================

EDIT:

Ok after looking at it I see that it's not creating a folder that stores the images. Now I need to find out why

Weird that I can't edit my above post again.

But I have narrowed down my problem to Chrome not creating the folder when saving as Webpage Complete. 

Firefox works fine, but I don't want to have to use that browser.

Chrome updated a couple of days ago and I'm looking for what they changed.

3 hours ago, jeff said:

I'm sure I could, but I've been doing it this way for so many years I really want to figure out why Chrome isn't creating the folder.

Jeff,

FWIW, I get the same behavior out of Chrome (no images folder). Saving the page complete puts the images in the root folder. Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

1 minute ago, Thad said:

Jeff,

FWIW, I get the same behavior out of Chrome (no images folder). Saving the page complete puts the images in the root folder. Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Where is the root folder located?

And my version is newer than yours, I had just updated Chrome the other day and that's when it started screwing up.

I asked this on the Google help forum, but I doubt it will get answered.

Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)

If anyone wants their Active Reports Templates modified for Mastercam 2018/2019 you can let me know. I recently took the time to make my own report and can do some edits to your templates if needed. Plus Mastercam is making a custom NET-Hook to do a couple cool things with my report like sorting fixture offset list ascending order. My report is much more compact than the standard report. I have a Tool Kit Report, Simple Setup Report, and Detailed Setup Report for Mill Only.

12 minutes ago, jeff said:

Where is the root folder located?

I guess root folder is incorrect terminology.

When you save the webpage, you'll end up with an html file and a corresponding files folder. The images get put in the files folder. Example: You save the page and call it jeff.html. Wherever you save it to automatically get a jeff_files folder created and all assets are dumped in there.

4 minutes ago, Thad said:

I guess root folder is incorrect terminology.

When you save the webpage, you'll end up with an html file and a corresponding files folder. The images get put in the files folder. Example: You save the page and call it jeff.html. Wherever you save it to automatically get a jeff_files folder created and all assets are dumped in there.

Correct.

But the folder isn't being created as of 2 days ago when Chrome updated. Before that all was fine.

When I save it in Firefox, the folder gets created. But I don't want to switch to Firefox. ;)

Just now, jeff said:

Correct.

But the folder isn't being created as of 2 days ago when Chrome updated. Before that all was fine.

I see. I thought there was supposed to be an images folder inside the jeff_files folder and that folder wasn't being created. I was mistaken. 

• Like 1
Just now, Thad said:

I see. I thought there was supposed to be an images folder inside the jeff_files folder and that folder wasn't being created. I was mistaken. 

No, you're correct,there is supposed to be a folder with images, but the only thing being saved is the HTML page, and I can't figure out why.

Just now, jeff said:

No, you're correct,there is supposed to be a folder with images, but the only thing being saved is the HTML page, and I can't figure out why.

Silly question...are you sure you're selecting Webpage,complete when saving?

Just for grins, what happens if you select Webpage, HTML only?

43 minutes ago, Dave228 said:

If anyone wants their Active Reports Templates modified for Mastercam 2018/2019 you can let me know. I recently took the time to make my own report and can do some edits to your templates if needed. Plus Mastercam is making a custom NET-Hook to do a couple cool things with my report like sorting fixture offset list ascending order. My report is much more compact than the standard report. I have a Tool Kit Report, Simple Setup Report, and Detailed Setup Report for Mill Only.

I'm interested in taking a look.  Send it to me?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2019 at 12:12 PM, jeff said:

Yes webpage complete.

When I do HTML only I get nothing. 

Jeff,

I just went through this with a friend of mine when I was helping him add a document number to the footer of his setup sheet. It appears that Chrome is no longer creating the _files folder with all the page assets (images, css, js, etc), but rather it's saving those files locally in the following location... C:/Users/Public/Documents/X+/templates/setup%20sheets. That explains why the computer that create the setup sheet displays the setup sheet as expected, but the other computers don't. The other computers are looking for that file path and when they don't find the images, etc, they are broken links. Make sense? FWIW, IE works as expected.

Now, to figure out why Chrome's behavior changed...

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Thad said:

Jeff,

I just went through this with a friend of mine when I was helping him add a document number to the footer of his setup sheet. It appears that Chrome is no longer creating the _files folder with all the page assets (images, css, js, etc), but rather it's saving those files locally in the following location... C:/Users/Public/Documents/X+/templates/setup%20sheets. That explains why the computer that create the setup sheet displays the setup sheet as expected, but the other computers don't. The other computers are looking for that file path and when they don't find the images, etc, they are broken links. Make sense? FWIW, IE works as expected.

Now, to figure out why Chrome's behavior changed...

Mine isn't saving the files anywhere, I just looked in C:/Users/Public/Documents/X+/templates/setup sheets.

Chrome even had another update today. 3rd one in about 2 weeks I believe.

Oh well, I guess it's Firefox for the time being.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to get something going at the shop I work in, other than just hand-written, napkin drawing setup sheets.  So, I have 2 questions.  I've messed with X+, and I'm sure it's capable of more than what I've been able to do.  I've tried searching, and can't seem to find any information on how to actually use it???  

Also, would you guys mind posting samples of some of your setup sheets?  I'm looking for something with setup instructions, tool build description, etc.

Thanks!!

21 hours ago, JB7280 said:

I'm trying to get something going at the shop I work in, other than just hand-written, napkin drawing setup sheets.  So, I have 2 questions.  I've messed with X+, and I'm sure it's capable of more than what I've been able to do.  I've tried searching, and can't seem to find any information on how to actually use it???  

There is no users guide for X+. It's a tool that Günther provides for us at no cost. There are many helpful people at this forum so if you have specific questions on how to accomplish something using X+, or you can ask if something is possible, that is probably your best bet. Otherwise, I suggest that you read through the official X+ thread and see what people are asking/answering to give you an idea of some of the capabilities.

Official X+ discussion thread

2 hours ago, Thad said:

There is no users guide for X+. It's a tool that Günther provides for us at no cost. There are many helpful people at this forum so if you have specific questions on how to accomplish something using X+, or you can ask if something is possible, that is probably your best bet. Otherwise, I suggest that you read through the official X+ thread and see what people are asking/answering to give you an idea of some of the capabilities.

Official X+ discussion thread

Yes, I understand that it's a free tool, and it appears to be a great one, at that.  I was just trying to see if I could read about it on my own before I go and bug you guys with a billion questions.  While reading through the discussion thread, can I assume that the utility works fundamentally the same through the Mastercam revisions, as it does for MC2019?

27 minutes ago, JB7280 said:

Yes, I understand that it's a free tool, and it appears to be a great one, at that.  I was just trying to see if I could read about it on my own before I go and bug you guys with a billion questions.  While reading through the discussion thread, can I assume that the utility works fundamentally the same through the Mastercam revisions, as it does for MC2019?

Fundamentally the same? Probably, but someone who is running the latest version could give you a better answer to that. I don't currently use X+ (I'm the only programmer and operator here) and I'm still running X9. I've used X+ for many years in the past and it's always been consistent, with new features/improvements added here and there.

Ask away. You won't bother us. We're all here to help and be helped. 

10 minutes ago, Thad said:

Fundamentally the same? Probably, but someone who is running the latest version could give you a better answer to that. I don't currently use X+ (I'm the only programmer and operator here) and I'm still running X9. I've used X+ for many years in the past and it's always been consistent, with new features/improvements added here and there.

Ask away. You won't bother us. We're all here to help and be helped. 

Thank you.  I'll work through the thread and you'll know when i get stumped. 😂😂

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to incrementally number my programs? I post a lot of sub programs out for one particular machine, and I increment the program numbers for each operation. Currently I have to select each op, right click, edit selected operations, and change program number. It's cumbersome at best.

I noticed with the X+ add in (that I grow to love more each day), we can use X+ rename nci. I have played with it and can't seem to get the results I want. X+ will not actually change the program number output by the post. Is this a post issue or an issue with X+?

Here you can see that X+ has changed my program number to 1000 as I wanted it to:

O1000.png.045fb5099e7da4fb9dc26ecaf13f0232.png

You can see the NC code output still has the old program number:

2049566387_O1000NCCODE.thumb.png.0e95100f406ac0d036eedc7567263ec2.png

Anyone got any insight on this?

15 minutes ago, Corey Hampshire said:

Is there a way to incrementally number my programs? I post a lot of sub programs out for one particular machine, and I increment the program numbers for each operation. Currently I have to select each op, right click, edit selected operations, and change program number. It's cumbersome at best.

I noticed with the X+ add in (that I grow to love more each day), we can use X+ rename nci. I have played with it and can't seem to get the results I want. X+ will not actually change the program number output by the post. Is this a post issue or an issue with X+?

Here you can see that X+ has changed my program number to 1000 as I wanted it to:

O1000.png.045fb5099e7da4fb9dc26ecaf13f0232.png

You can see the NC code output still has the old program number:

2049566387_O1000NCCODE.thumb.png.0e95100f406ac0d036eedc7567263ec2.png

Anyone got any insight on this?

I added this to one of my posts in this section 

psub_call_trans #Translate level calls from toolchange, user

I run internal subs so in my case it works

YMMV

result = nwadrs(strh, main_prg_no$)    #altered to get H output, 03/22/2017 

main_prg_no$ = main_prg_no$ + 40000   #alter to push subprograms #'s into the 40000 range

All of my programs have 40000 subs but as they are internal to the program, it doesn't matter that all programs have the same range

• Like 2