Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

is there any hope for this program?

cherokeechief79

its an engraving program in 2018.it took me for ever to get the rast to vector conversion just right.

its a huge file and I finally got it perfect.my stock is the other way in the mach so I did a rotate 90 deg.

after about 15 min I figured it locked up and did cont alt del and stopped it.

now when I try to reopen it I get "mc crash reporting" and it wont even let me open the file at all.in the small file preview window I can still see the preview of it and the file is still quite large too.

If the first op in the program is an engraving op it will kill it every time.  You can get around this by placing a manual unit of simple text or turning off regen on open in the config.  If it is the first op in a file you will have to turn off regen to be able to open it.

This is a known bug, I have an R# but can't remember it.  Both the above work for me.  Anytime it is the first or only op in a file I simply add a manual input comment.

• Like 1

yep, merging just saved my  file the other day.... mcam would die immediately upon opening  otherwise. All the toolpaths disappeared of course .... You can get them back in by merging tooplaths  from the toolpath ops manager. So you're only left with  reselecting the relevant  geometry for the imported toolpath "empty shells".

Gracjan

On 3/21/2018 at 10:55 AM, poolrod2 said:

If you go to CNC machines folder, you can open Mastercam from your machine file in there and it won't give you a crash report error.

Poolrod , could you explain in more detail ? I am very intrigued .... Where is this "open file " , inside the  .MMD ? 

Gracjan 

I actually found the silver bullet here.... I had a  file  last week which would crash Mastercam . This was caused by  a copy / paste  gone wrong  and two solids  with build history  and their corresponding  wireframe  all  missing ( the wireframe geometry not the "empty shell" history  ) 

Turns out,  Verisurf  has a function called "Merge CAD Files" . I have ignored  this function until now as I thought it was a new take on an old thing...It was able to bring  the file  on screen  alive and kicking.   All this  concerns  Mastercam 2019 .

Gracjan

• Like 1
On 3/23/2018 at 11:46 PM, pullo said:

Poolrod , could you explain in more detail ? I am very intrigued .... Where is this "open file " , inside the  .MMD ? 

Gracjan 

If you go to users public public documents shared mastercam version you are using CNC Machines any control file like default.mcam from there will open your Mastercam by double clicking. Then you can adjust any oops settings.