Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Nethasp and VPN

Elmer Fudd

1 hour ago, Elmer Fudd said:

We use a VPN occasionally to access our nethasp. When exiting Mastercam it doesn't release a license from our nethasp. Anybody have any experience with this?

I am not sure what actually causes the problem, so that i can not help with that part of the issue, but to release all license you should be able to go on your license server, go into services and restart HaspLoader service. That should give you all your licenses back. 

Note: anyone using mastercam during the restart of the Hasp loader service will get shut down with 1 opportunity to save their work so if you do this i would suggest having everyone save and shut down mastercam prior to restarting that service. 

Hopefully someone knows what causes this because i have seen it on a few rare occasions but never tracked down the problem

we had this happen as I was working at home in the evening, had our IT man set a daily task schedule to stop and restart the hasp loader at 7 in the evening to clear the hasp from work so I could work at home and the same at 5 in the morning to clear it from home so work pcs would be good. works a treat!!!