Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark 3.0

pullo

• 2 months later...

I reported the first posting to the Admins , hopefully they will restore the link to the zip file , as it is much easier to find it from the first posting rather than to wade thru' the whole body of the thread.

Gracjan

7 hours ago, pullo said:

I reported the first posting to the Admins , hopefully they will restore the link to the zip file , as it is much easier to find it from the first posting rather than to wade thru' the whole body of the thread.

Gracjan

This should be fixed now.

• 1 month later...

Laptop- Asus ROGGL702ZC

Ryzen 7 1700 8c/16t 3.7ghz

32Gb (2x16) DDR4 2400mhz (9 chome tabs open 😜  )

Samsung 970Pro 512gb

Samsung 850Evo 1tb

RX580 4gb 2000mhz

6.09 min

5 min 38 second time stamp....

That OptiRest  kills me. I've been doing a ton of them recently too..

Mastercam 3_0 2019 Benchmark.PNG

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, pullo said:

You have to add all the times together , as some of the processes  run parallel .  So it's  4 mins and 42 secs . :) 

Gracjan

True, but the ACTUAL time from when I hit regen to when it stopped was 30 seconds quicker than the parallel times :D

Either way, it's not bad for a $2300 home built computer.

It does not matter which method of summing up we do as long as we use the same method .  One of the reason I made the Benchmark three was to reduce the ambiguities  concerned with  tweaking the file itself. 

I  think there was even at one time a link to an excel file which would add the times together as long as you saved the results in .csv ? 

But I remember that it was the sum  of all times we used for comparisons....

GRacjan

Both methods yield the same result . i.e. a time that can be compared to somebody else's time.  

The thing with adding up the times is you don't have to be on the lookout  when do the calculations  stop.  Just run the benchmark and go away for a coffee or something :)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, pullo said:

Both methods yield the same result . i.e. a time that can be compared to somebody else's time.  

The thing with adding up the times is you don't have to be on the lookout  when do the calculations  stop.  Just run the benchmark and go away for a coffee or something :)

It's a different result.  All you need to do for the time is compare the first start time in the log to the last end time.  Only start to finish time will properly compare builds with different multithreading capabilities.

10 hours ago, pullo said:

The stopwatch is built in.  Just do the math from start time to end time:

capture.png