Welcome to eMastercam

Register now to participate in the forums, access the download area, buy Mastercam training materials, post processors and more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Use your display name or email address to sign in:

Benchmark 3.0

pullo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

PC I built for home use circa 2013-2014, it is equally fast to my two work computers, one uses a GTX 1080 and i7 7700 (my main office rig, only pc I have that was off the shelf because we needed a pc asap.) and one uses a Quadro M4000 and i7 4790k (build sitting next to machines).  The Quadro cards perform no different at all in my experience.  My newest work computer has an i7 7700 which is giving roughly equal performance to my home overclocked i7 4770k @ 4.4.

All of my pc's are eerily similar in function.  Regen isn't what ticks me off using cam, I understand the toolpaths are large.  But when it takes 45 seconds to turn on all solids on a layer, or basically any function when files are 50MB or over taking more than a few seconds.  I keep seeing people saying Mastercam uses a lot of ram, but even with 5 instances open etc..I never go past 12GB

Bench was run with all precision's set to .0001 on my home computer 

i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz  this CPU can run at 4.8 for a few hours but always ends up blue screening

16GB 2 x 8 DDR3 1866 

Asus Maximus 6 Hero

Hyper 212 EVO cooler

Seasonic 650W Gold PSU

Gigabyte GTX 1080 stock clocks

Sandisk Boot SSD 256GB

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

Roughly 5:20  which seems OK for 2013-2014 hardware, what's unfortunate is I really want to upgrade my office rig to

i9 9900K liquid cooled 5Ghz+  Or helium/Ln2 at 10Ghz  :P

Keep the GTX 1080's..doesn't seem like they are the bottleneck (or are they for turning on layers with a lot of solids?)

DDR4 3000+ memory 16GB seems fine to me, I can never hit the limit.

BENCHMARK 3.0 MAX FEILDS.PNG

CPU.PNG

EVENT LOG.PNG

GPU.PNG

MOTHERBOARD.PNG

RAM.PNG

PC I built for home use circa 2013-2014, it is equally fast to my two work computers, one uses a GTX 1080 and i7 7700 (my main office rig, only pc I have that was off the shelf because we needed a pc asap.) and one uses a Quadro M4000 and i7 4790k (build sitting next to machines).  The Quadro cards perform no different at all in my experience.  My newest work computer has an i7 7700 which is giving roughly equal performance to my home overclocked i7 4770k @ 4.4.

All of my pc's are eerily similar in function.  Regen isn't what ticks me off using cam, I understand the toolpaths are large.  But when it takes 45 seconds to turn on all solids on a layer, or basically any function when files are 50MB or over taking more than a few seconds.  I keep seeing people saying Mastercam uses a lot of ram, but even with 5 instances open etc..I never go past 12GB

Bench was run with all precision's set to .0001 on my home computer 

i7 4770K @ 4.4Ghz  this CPU can run at 4.8 for a few hours but always ends up blue screening

16GB 2 x 8 DDR3 1866 

Asus Maximus 6 Hero

Hyper 212 EVO cooler

Seasonic 650W Gold PSU

Gigabyte GTX 1080 stock clocks

Sandisk Boot SSD 256GB

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB

Roughly 5:20  which seems OK for 2013-2014 hardware, what's unfortunate is I really want to upgrade my office rig to

i9 9900K liquid cooled 5Ghz+  Or helium/Ln2 at 10Ghz  :P

Keep the GTX 1080's..doesn't seem like they are the bottleneck (or are they for turning on layers with a lot of solids?)

DDR4 3000+ memory 16GB seems fine to me, I can never hit the limit.

• 1 month later...

Just ran it on my  pc that was built in 2012. Not great times, but not bad.Capture.thumb.PNG.a2e12f44cecb9ea18805d6f3bc0ff33d.PNG

My big slowdown isn't usually with toolpaths it's with stock models. The last job, I had to run it thru verify and save the stl then use that as model for stock model because regening the stock model kept freezing MC (had to use task manager to end process) which for some reason would screw up my 3D mouse forcing me to restart pc once or twice every time MC would freeze. The big problem with this is if I missed something I have to go back and run everything  again which eats up time. I got to the point I would save an stl at every 100 operations and label it so I would have to keep going back to verify so much.

Specking a new machine from a few vendors and usually end up around $3-4,000. Wouldn't mind getting a solid box but all they use are xenon's which don't seem to perform all that well compared to the i series.

• 3 weeks later...

3:53 Mcam 2020

4:35 Mcam 2019

An Improvement!!  Nice...

Im curious to see what you all are getting for verify times.

Open up verify and check tool on and stock on and all other visibility options off.  Uncheck all stop conditions.  Set precision and speed sliders all the way up and run the verify.

I got 4:57

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 1:12 PM, BBprecise said:

Just ran it on my  pc that was built in 2012. Not great times, but not bad.Capture.thumb.PNG.a2e12f44cecb9ea18805d6f3bc0ff33d.PNG

My big slowdown isn't usually with toolpaths it's with stock models. The last job, I had to run it thru verify and save the stl then use that as model for stock model because regening the stock model kept freezing MC (had to use task manager to end process) which for some reason would screw up my 3D mouse forcing me to restart pc once or twice every time MC would freeze. The big problem with this is if I missed something I have to go back and run everything  again which eats up time. I got to the point I would save an stl at every 100 operations and label it so I would have to keep going back to verify so much.

Specking a new machine from a few vendors and usually end up around $3-4,000. Wouldn't mind getting a solid box but all they use are xenon's which don't seem to perform all that well compared to the i series.

We had had very good luck with these machines

Boxx Computers S Class

If you build your own you can build a machine like this for about 60% of what they are charging

We have about 10 of these of various vintages, from 5 years to 1 year old and have yet to have any kind of failure

I also bought one for myself for home use, but I lowballed the memory and storage and upgraded that myself which saved about a grand

• Like 1

OC to 5.1Ghz 3min 29sec

Stock ~3min 47sec (pic)

MCam 2019

i9-9900k

ASUS WS Z390 PRO

Samsung 970 PRO 512 m.2 ssd

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 32G

Corsair Hydro H115i

Quadro P2000

-Patrick

edit: Hmm... Something is slowing it down. I just tried again @5.1Ghz and couldn`t get under 3:40.

UOC.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...