pullo

Benchmark 3.0

Watercooling installed and  the processor is  running at 4.6 GHz

Mastercam 2019 of course, and a total time of 4 min 02 sec

Benchmark 3.0

link repaired by gcode  06/28/18

Gracjan

I also overclocked  the  memory  to  3066MHz and finally got a result  : 3 min  57 secs.   Easy to remember , under 4 mins.

5adc1253ca3ff_below4mins.thumb.png.5ec9d9aee455df4aa73fa46392714a10.png

Gracjan

image.png.36c8efca90d8f229cad368fc652611ff.png

5m 11.941s adding up the times. 4m 46s if you go by the start/stop time stamps (since some processing is ran in parallel due to multi threading).

Second PC I built for work about 3-4 years ago.

I7 5820k @ 4.5GHz

32GB DDR3 @ 1866MHz

Does anyone have a copy of the benchmark file? The link seems to be broken. I'd like to see how my system stacks up. 

My bad ,  I removed the file from my uploads , as I ran out of space, did not realize that there is a link there ....

Gracjan

Benchmark 3_0 for 2017.zip

I reported the first posting to the Admins , hopefully they will restore the link to the zip file , as it is much easier to find it from the first posting rather than to wade thru' the whole body of the thread.

Gracjan

7 hours ago, pullo said:

I reported the first posting to the Admins , hopefully they will restore the link to the zip file , as it is much easier to find it from the first posting rather than to wade thru' the whole body of the thread.

Gracjan

This should be fixed now.

Laptop- Asus ROGGL702ZC

Ryzen 7 1700 8c/16t 3.7ghz

32Gb (2x16) DDR4 2400mhz (9 chome tabs open 😜  )

Samsung 970Pro 512gb

Samsung 850Evo 1tb

RX580 4gb 2000mhz

6.09 min

5 min 38 second time stamp....

That OptiRest  kills me. I've been doing a ton of them recently too..

Mastercam 3_0 2019 Benchmark.PNG

New work computer that I built the other day, about 4 mins 15 seconds to regen using a stopwatch.

This is with Chrome open and about a dozen tabs, and streaming SiriusXM radio. Not sure of the impact that has.

Capture.PNG

You have to add all the times together , as some of the processes  run parallel .  So it's  4 mins and 42 secs . :) 

Gracjan

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, pullo said:

You have to add all the times together , as some of the processes  run parallel .  So it's  4 mins and 42 secs . :) 

Gracjan

True, but the ACTUAL time from when I hit regen to when it stopped was 30 seconds quicker than the parallel times :D

Either way, it's not bad for a $2300 home built computer.

4m10 start time to stop time.  I didn't bother to add it up.  Not bad for a $1600 computer I built a year and a half ago.  No overclocking.

Capture.png

It does not matter which method of summing up we do as long as we use the same method .  One of the reason I made the Benchmark three was to reduce the ambiguities  concerned with  tweaking the file itself. 

I  think there was even at one time a link to an excel file which would add the times together as long as you saved the results in .csv ? 

But I remember that it was the sum  of all times we used for comparisons....

GRacjan

Yep  BenK , provided a link in Benchmark 2.0 to sum up all yhe times...

Gracjan

IMO it should be start to stop as that is actual performance.  What if they all take 2 minutes each but all finish in 2 minutes?  That computer would be twice as fast in the real world but would take 2.5x in added time.

• Like 2

Both methods yield the same result . i.e. a time that can be compared to somebody else's time.  

The thing with adding up the times is you don't have to be on the lookout  when do the calculations  stop.  Just run the benchmark and go away for a coffee or something :)

• Like 1

Ugh, 7:08. I told them it would be slow but they wanted to try it and have proof. It was very expensive but now there is proof, don't do this.

Dual Xeon E5-2620 v3 2.4GHz

64.0 GB ram

Intel MVMe drive

Quadro K5200

Windows 10

Kevin K.

5 hours ago, pullo said:

Both methods yield the same result . i.e. a time that can be compared to somebody else's time.  

The thing with adding up the times is you don't have to be on the lookout  when do the calculations  stop.  Just run the benchmark and go away for a coffee or something :)

It's a different result.  All you need to do for the time is compare the first start time in the log to the last end time.  Only start to finish time will properly compare builds with different multithreading capabilities.

10 hours ago, pullo said:

The stopwatch is built in.  Just do the math from start time to end time:

capture.png

4m9s that time.

7 hours ago, kostiuk said:

Ugh, 7:08. I told them it would be slow but they wanted to try it and have proof. It was very expensive but now there is proof, don't do this.

Dual Xeon E5-2620 v3 2.4GHz

clock time trumps cores

OK , so now we have two approaches  to  analyzing the results.  I'm glad both still agree that the shorter time wins ;)

GRacjan

• Like 1

5:33 specs in sig

your link in the original post is getting 404ed

1107691530_Mcamlogfile.jpg.d5fce1de361ae12d2aba385c7c904f92.jpg